- Sometimes right after downloading Automatron and starting it on US copies of the game, the character associated with the add-on will speak a different language but the subtitles will come up in English. [已验证]
- Dismissing a companion to take Ada and then quickly asking them to follow you again (and thereby dismissing Ada) will cause the quest to instantly complete.[已验证]
- If you are having script lag issues the quest will not update if you take Ada with you immediately when talking to her, you need to say you will do it later, sending her to a settlement; that will allow Mechanical Menace to finish, although you may have to wait quite a while until the next stage starts.[已验证]
After eliminating the robots, Ada may be sporadically and quickly moving around in all directions, making it impossible for the Sole Survivor to interact with her. [已验证]
- For PC open the console select Ada and disable her, then enable her and she will behave properly.
- Throwing a grenade at her seems to fix this.
If the distress call is not listened to immediately after the quest spawns, that station may fail to play, preventing the quest from moving to the next step and the quest marker at Wattz Consumer Electronics from spawning. It will still be possible to travel to the caravan's location and engage in the battle. It is unclear whether this bug is triggered by fast travel or loading of an environment in general. [已验证]
- setstage DLC01MQ01 2200. The next stage of the quest can be activated with the console command
- Wattz Consumer Electronics, and following the quest marker, you won't find any caravan or Ada. Walking to the quest marker will remove the caravan distress call, and complete the objective, but no hostile robots will spawn leaving Automatron unplayable.[已验证]
- A possible solution is to load an older save outside of the Cambridge area before starting the quest.
- If you delete your saves so you don't have any outside of Cambridge you can uninstall Automatron, make a save outside of Cambridge, then install Automatron again.
- prid 0100ff12 then enable. Exit the console, wait for Ada to appear. Then type setstage DLC01MQ01 2400. This will spawn Ada, complete the robot elimination step and then allow you to talk to Ada, who then proceed as if the quest had been done normally, allowing you to continue the DLC. While the Caravan will not spawn, all you miss is some loot from the area and nothing of notable value. This can be worked around by the following; go to where Caravan should be,type
After killing all the robots, you are prompted to speak with Ada. Some players have experienced the inability to activate any kind of dialogue with Ada rendering the quest unable to complete. [已验证]
- setstage DLC01MQ01 3000, and since talking to Ada is the last part of this quest you won't miss much. You can skip this quest with the console command
- Sometimes this is caused by Ada attempting to continually enter combat with targets in the area, due to this area's high spawn rate. If this is the case, enter the nearby Wattz Electronics, and use xx00ff12.moveto player.
- This may happen if the player "Deactivates" the robots instead of killing them. Killing them will fix this issue.