|“||You could run? I'm trying to kill you, you know.||”|
Robobrains (military alphanumeric serial numbers RB-3928) are multi-purpose robots. Their memories and programs are stored inside an organic or partially organic brain, contained in a domed shell atop their chassis. They are considered intuitively superior to most robots, as human brains allow them a wider range of responses and functions. Their hands can operate most tools and weapons usable by humans.
|“||The robobrain, constructed by General Atomics International before the great nuclear war, is unique in that it uses an actual organic brain as its central processor.||”|
机器人的大脑悬浮在加压过的生物凝胶中(which is the primary reason the brains can continue to function for several centuries)，对容器和大脑造成伤害会直接影响脑电波的发送以及对机器其他部分的神经控制，进而影响机器人的行为。而信号输入大部分来自于2076年生产的探测器。这种探测器不仅可以将图像信息实时传入大脑，还可以在黑暗环境中切换成红外线模式来进行夜视。
Robobrains, due to the nature of their organic processor, can be programmed with much more complex and expansive instructions than typical robots. This also means they are superior to typical combat robots in the Fallout universe, at least in terms of their tactics and strategy. Military maintenance bots can be controlled via a WLAN matrix network. In this case, a central AI operates the robots. In the Mariposa Military Base, the programs used to run robobrains were Facility Maintenance v2.1, Movement v4.8b, Repair v0.8a, Pest Control v1.4, Hearts v1.0, and Sensors '76.
每一個機器腦都会经受名为CODE的记忆擦除手续，因為有的在反复的记忆擦除过程中仍然坚持保留有一定自我意识。In Fallout 3 many suffer from this fate and seem to have grown to dislike what they were programmed for, but at the same time can do nothing to stop themselves from carrying out their programmed orders. This is hinted at by their battle cries of (but not limited to) "Please don't take this personally," "They could have programmed me to love, to forgive, but nnnoooo," and "When this is all over, I hope we can still be friends." However some seem to enjoy what they have been programmed to do, with disturbing remarks such as: "Don't be afraid, I've become quite good at killing".
Robobrains in the Capital Wasteland have a noticeably feminine personality, in both voice tone and speech, however this could be a result of their reprogramming. A special, brainless robobrain called Masterbrain can be found in the Vault-Tec headquarters in the ruins of Washington, DC. There are also non-hostile, essential (immortal) robobrains in Vault 112. It is also notable that the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts have painted and re-programmed several robobrains for their own use.
Robobrains in California and neighboring states do not possess integrated weapon systems inside their frame. Rather, their flexible arms and organic processors were tailored to use regular firearms (such as rifles) in combat, something they are able to do with disturbing efficiency. Robobrains could be found in hi-tech locations such as Mariposa Military Base, the Glow, Sierra Army Depot and in the NCR.
Humanoid brain bot编辑
The humanoid brain bot's brain is held inside of a hardened glass container at the top and suspended in pressurized bio med gel. This bot is equipped with a cannon on its left arm that a combination of a .50 machine gun and a missile launcher as well as a large claw on its right arm for close combat and is able to communicate verbally. The humanoid robotic suit is extremely resistant against almost any type of damage.
- It's not entirely clear how robobrains can see, as they have no visible optical sensors or other sensory input devices. However, in the Fallout 4 add-on Automatron, the robobrains have a single eye inside the glass dome.
- Robobrains are the only thing keeping Vault 112 in proper condition.
- Herbert "Daring" Dashwood has a bit of a fascination with the robobrain, and has often wondered what goes into making one. He mentions that he likes their "sexy voice." It is unknown whether it indicates that the brain itself is that of a woman, or if its voice synthesizer is simply programmed to sound female. He also was exposed to a robobrain's mind blast once, and wrote later in his journals that he had a headache "for a week afterwards."
- Splicing a lobotomite and a robot at the X-8 research center will yield a robobrain. It humorously aspires life in the outside world only to malfunction and self-destruct in a tiny explosion.
- Aiming for the robobrain's "head" is the easiest method to destroy them, as guns are much less effective on their armored torso than the glass dome containing their brain.
- The brain appears to be much larger than a human brain. This could be due to the brain being suspended in fluid with very little restraint, causing it to decompress.
Robobrains have humorous yet quite morbid dialogue programming. They strongly hint that while the brain has feelings for all forms of life, the robot programming makes it kill involuntarily. Template:Notable content