|“||Gunners. All the combat training of the Brotherhood of Steel, all the moral character of your neighborhood bully.||”|
槍手是聯邦最大的獨立半軍事僱傭兵組織，並且不依附於任何政府組織或者居住點。They are well-disciplined, highly-equipped soldiers for hire with their own customs and signage, who control numerous strongholds both in and around the Boston area. The Gunners are lead by Captain Wes, with their headquarters being Gunners Plaza. The origins of the Gunners and their recruitment techniques are largely unknown although it is known they employ from raiders, who upon joining, may have difficulty adjusting to the strict environment and regimentation of being a Gunner, the only known example being Tessa. Based on patterns of speech and terminal entries, the Gunners place great emphasis on loyalty and do not tolerate insubordination. Many Gunners also get their blood types tattooed onto their foreheads by their medics, as this is both a practical measure and a rite of passage. Desertion from the Gunners is not unknown, an example being Private Tyler.
Similar to raiders and the Capital Wasteland's Talon Company, most Gunners will attack strangers on sight. They differ from raiders in their lack of drug dependency, use of superior equipment (they often come equipped with military-grade armor and rifles), extensive use of laser or plasma weaponry and employing other heavy duty military gear, including assaultrons, sentry bots or Mister Gutsies, and their commanders are even known to make use of power armor. The Gunners possess functional Vertibirds, which permits them to employ vertical envelopment and air assault tactics, transporting two to four man strike teams with one or two attack dogs. The player can even find gunners trying to steal vertibirds from other factions.
Gunners can typically be found on the ruined overpasses throughout the Commonwealth. This gives them elevated firing positions, unhindered movement throughout most of the Commonwealth and safety from the dangers down below.
- Bradberton overpass fo4nw
- Gunners plaza - Regional HQ
- Greenetech Genetics
- HalluciGen, Inc.
- Mass Bay Medical Center
- Mass Fusion building (before Mass Fusion or Spoils of War)
- Mass Pike Interchange
- Postal Square
- Vault 75
- Vault 95
- Hub City Auto Wreckers
- Several unmarked bases on top of highway system, easily spotted by the windmill.
- Just northeast of Skylanes Flight 1981
- Just east of Parsons Creamery
- Gunners, in some areas, will not openly fire on the Sole Survivor, though will appear hostile on the radar - instead they will warn them to back off, if the Survivor ignores them and approaches then they will become hostile and attack.
- Gunners will occasionally attack settlements owned by the Sole Survivor.
- Two non-hostile Gunner mercenaries can be found protecting the trader Dreth.
- Gunners are openly hostile to the Commonwealth Minutemen, they were enemies before and after the Quincy Massacre.
- The Gunners' ranking structure is never clarified, as there is a Gunner major (A rank traditionally higher than captain) in the Museum of Witchcraft leading a small squad of Gunners, while Captain Wes appears to run the entire southeastern portion of Gunner territory. In addition, Gunners of a higher rank than the CO of a base can be found, amassed, at that base.
The Gunners appear only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes编辑
- The blood type tattoos are possibly a reference to the Schutzstaffel of Nazi Germany, who also had blood type tattoos on the underside of the left arm.
- In combat they will occasionally shout "get some!" This is possibly a reference to the helicopter gunner scene from the 1987 war drama, Full Metal Jacket.