Mentally stable enough to control the band of drugged psychotics and organize them into a credible fighting force, he establishing a base of operations out of Vault 3. Ranger Bryce Anders remarks that Motor-Runner has survived several previous NCR assassination attempts, which prompted Colonel Hsu to give Anders the mission of killing the Fiend leader personally. According to Hsu, Motor-Runner has a habit of decapitating dead NCR troopers. Motor-Runner regularly purchases slaves, and did business with Dermot and Saint James on at least two occasions. The first time he purchased a teen girl for 500 caps, but gave nothing for the girl's father since the man attacked him. At another point he purchased a woman from the pair for 250 caps, but gave only 25 caps each for her elderly parents, and nothing for the woman's infant son. He is found in his throne room in the Vault 3 maintenance wing flanked by his two guard dogs, BoneGnash and GhashBone.
Interactions with the player character
- Aba Daba Honeymoon: Diane gives the Courier the quest to deliver some drugs to Motor-Runner.
- Bounty Killer: The Courier is ordered by James Hsu or Bryce Anders to kill Motor-Runner.
The Courier can sell him various drugs (Jet, Psycho, Buffout) for 20 caps (or 22 caps, if the player passes the Barter check) if passing a Speech check at the entrance of Vault 3 when speaking to the Fiend at the door. 22 caps are more than the player character will ever be able to receive from selling drugs valued at 20, with the exception of one instance involving Ricky.
- If failing a speech check when talking to Motor-Runner, he will appear as hostile but will not attack.
- Motor-Runner is a critical NPC for the quest Aba Daba Honeymoon, and thus it will fail immediately if he is killed. For this reason, it is best to pursue that quest first.
- Additionally, if one decides to kill everyone in Vault 3 and then proceed to kill Motor-Runner for Hsu, one can still talk to him right before they kill him and give him the drugs from Jack and Diane.
- If he is killed and his helmet is brought to Colonel Hsu, the Courier will receive an extra speech option and additional reputation with NCR.
- Motor-Runner has the unique perk Motor Runner's Buff, which grants him 20% DR in addition to the 5 DT he receives from his armor and helmet. It also grants him +10 damage on all melee attacks. This unique perk is similar to the effects of the drug slasher.
- If one kills Motor-Runner while the Fiends are hostile, they will no longer attack unless provoked.
- He is one of the few named characters that are affected by the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- With the Wild Wasteland trait active, Motor-Runner refers to his dogs as "Donnie and Marie".
- "You? Take care of me? Ha! You don't look half-tough enough."
- "Sounds good to me, and to the dogs, too! Dinnertime, boys!"
- "I'm not here to talk. I'm here for business. Either do some or get the fuck out."
Motor-Runner appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Xbox 360 If you have completed Still in the Dark, Motor-Runner will talk in normal fiend dialogue after the initial forced talk, including, "House is dead, wonder if Motor-Runner will let us hit the Strip now."[已验证]
- There is a possible fix for this by engaging him in combat, running to the vault entrance, and then holstering your weapon. This will allow you to complete the quest.
- Has platform::Playstation 3 When the Courier says they will tell the NCR he is dead, even if the Courier asks him to give them caps with a high Speech skill, he still rejects the offer.[已验证]
Template:Navbox Vault 3