|關於the world object in Fallout 76，參見custom robotic assembly platform。|
It is used to modify robot companions by equipping them with various robot mods, including Codsworth and Ada. It can only be crafted once the Mechanical Menace quest has been completed. The robot workbench is the largest crafting station in the game both in width and in height. To circumvent any issue with the workbench size or ability to access, they can be built outside.
The robot workbench, unlike other workbenches, appears in the "Special" category of the workshop menu, and doesn't require Local Leader rank two to construct at a settlement.
Nuclear material (4)
Robot workbench schematics
Robot workbench (1)
The automatron produced is a basic protectron with no armor. The new robot will be given a default name of the form "Automatron-XXX" with XXX being a randomly generated number, but they can be renamed like any weapon or piece of armor.
Core robot models and variants
Player characters can choose components from the following robot models and their Nuka-world variants:
- Protectron (Nukatron, Galactron, N.I.R.A. )
- Mister Handy
- Assaultron (Novatron )
- Sentry bot (Space sentry bot )
Constructing an automatron encompasses choices in seven categories. An eighth category, "special mods," is only relevant for the Automatron questline and plays no role in the construction of generic robots.
- Left arm
- Right arm
- Thruster arm¹
- ¹With Mr. Handy torso and thruster only
- ²Not available with Nukatron
- Not all modifications will be available initially. It is necessary to either find the component or complete the DLC quests to unlock new components.
- When building a robot the head and both arms are optional - an automatron can be finished without them, although in such a case it will usually be lacking means of inflicting damage or interacting with its surroundings.
- In order to be able to make to all possible robot modifications, the following perk rank requirements must be met with the perk requirement based on the modification: Science! 4, Robotics Expert 2, Armorer 4, Blacksmith 3, and Gun Nut 1.
- The only robots from the base game which can be modded are Codsworth and Curie (before becoming a synth), although once they have been modified, they are no longer able to equip apparel such as the bowler hat. The only way to revert is to load a previous save.
- Even though there are settlements that feature their own robot inhabitants, none of them can be modified with the workbench. However, machines built using this workbench can be used to populate settlements of the player's choice.
- If equipped with only unstable miniguns or Gatling lasers, the robot will attempt a suicide detonation against an enemy if the weapons break during combat. After combat has ended the robot will repair the destroyed weapons on its own, or one can use robot repair kits to repair them.
- Robots built with the workbench can be assigned to settlements and used to run supply lines back and forth, which can be used to establish supply lines in dangerous areas.
- Curie will lose the modifications made to her robot body and revert to her original appearance while completing her side quest Emergent Behavior, requiring their removal before the quest begins.
- Just like any other workbenches, one cannot use the robot workbench while wearing power armor.
- Robot workbenches can produce new robots indefinitely, provided the Sole Survivor has sufficient supplies to build them.
- Attempting to build a robot without having all the necessary materials will display a list of components needed, but not how many the player character already has in their possession.
- The workbench can be used to "warp" nearby automatrons to the Sole Survivor, whether they are in the settlement or passing through a nearby area. This can be done by interacting with the workbench and selecting the desired robot when prompted which robot one wants to modify. The automatron will then instantly move inside the robot workbench.
- The Nukatron's head, color, or voice, cannot be edited, and limbs will appear as standard protectron colors.
- A disassembled sniper laser mod for either hand will be called the "super laser."
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 4 Has platform::Xbox One When building a robot and scrolling down during part selection, the prior selection above your cursor may be selected instead, as stated at the top of the screen as well as the tooltip. (Ex: voltaic armor instead of hydraulic armor, flamer hand instead of protectron laser hand, Resistance Field instead of Regenerator Field) Moving the cursor up a selection and back will fix the current instance. Sometimes the above fix does not work. In that case, one must uninstall the Automatron DLC, make a new save, and reinstall the Automatron DLC. This will reset all progress in the Automatron quests and remove any previously acquired Automatron DLC. [已验证]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Xbox One Building an automatron without hands (Ex: a Gatling laser in the hand slot is not a hand) will prevent them from hacking and lock picking.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Xbox One Building an automatron and going up to the Mr. Handy thruster and then to different legs may cause the robot to float with the thruster, despite the fact that it doesn't have one.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Xbox One Building a robot with an assaultron body and any other pair of legs may cause it to move at the speed of an assaultron instead of its original speed.[已验证]
Template:Navbox crafting FO4