|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the * United We Stand perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- 自由鐘聲響起： 普雷斯頓要求僅存者裝備充分後清理康科德的敵人，以便讓他所帶領的隊伍能夠移動到一個更加安全的地方。
- After appointing the Sole Survivor as the new general of the Minutemen, he assigns quests that slowly extend the influence of the organization by capturing new territory and defending the settlements already loyal to the cause.
- 核口世界的老大，那麼普利斯頓·加維會變得生氣，並且要求玩家懺悔自己的行為並退出掠奪者，並聲明「聯邦最不需要的事就是又有另一批掠奪者幫派」。如果忽視他，整個義勇兵都會變成敵對; 如果玩家答應，他只會單純無法被招募成為夥伴。基於主線任務的進展需求，普雷斯敦不可能與玩家永遠保持敵對。
- 在 Taken for a Ride 任務中只要他不在場就不會怎麼樣。但一旦玩家在波士頓建立了匪徒地點，他會立刻知道，並同玩家關係破裂。（但不影響主線任務）
- 接受加維的要求消滅核口世界掠奪者將開啟Open Season，僅存者必須處決裡面掠奪者老大，解放核子鎮的貿易者們免受奴役的任務。這與倖存者遇到Mackenzie Bridgeman時獲得的任務一致。
- Fallout Shelter
- Once the Taking Independence quest has been started, one will not be able to initiate dialogue with Preston to recruit him as a follower until that quest has been completed.
- "我剛才看到你和一隻二十米高的輻射蜥蜴貼面對峙，你還告訴我你還是沒辦法聽得進別人的一點建議嗎？"- After doubting Mama Murphy's powers following the deathclaw fight.
- "At least it's not raining."
- "There's another settlement that needs our help. I hope you can get to them quickly. We need to show people that the Minutemen are back."
- "This is gonna be a black mark on the Minutemen forever. As happy as I am that the Institute is destroyed, this wasn't the plan. Dammit, General! You've dragged us down to their level! It didn't have to be this way!" – Completed The Nuclear Option (Minutemen) without sounding the evacuation alert.
- "As if we didn't have enough problems without the damn Brotherhood making things worse."
- "Damn right. You don't go killing your friends without some better reason than they "might" be a synth."
- "These guys know how to make an entrance, no doubt about that. I wonder what they want?" – Upon witnessing the Brotherhood of Steel's arrival in the Commonwealth.
- "I kind of doubt the Brotherhood's intentions are peaceful." – When asked about the Brotherhood of Steel's presence in the Commonwealth.
- "這是……哦，對不起，將軍，您想呆多久都可以。" - 如果把他帶到奈特/諾拉的屍體前。
- 嘎抓： "嘿噶抓。你會替我好好留神他/她的吧？"對方回覆："那當然，加維先生。"
- 凱特： "交給你了，凱特，保重。"對方回覆： "你還真會冷落女孩子啊，帥哥。"
- 丹斯："記住…聯邦是屬於我們大家的，聖騎士丹斯。"對方回覆： "別擔心，加維。只要義勇軍別擋我們的路，當然沒問題。"
- 漢考克： "千萬別讓他說服你去做任何會後悔的事情。"對方回覆："怎麼著，你羨慕了？"
- 尼克·瓦倫坦： "我知道你一定會好好照顧他/她的，在外面小心點。"對方回覆：「如果他/她不惹麻煩我就不惹。」
In the Bethesda's E3 conference, during the gameplay trailer of Fallout 76, the player character faces an hostile player, whose nickname is "PGarvey", which refers to Preston Garvey.
- Has platform::PC When destroying the Institute with the Brotherhood of Steel and when talking to Preston, he will keep saying the that the Institute is gone and one could have helped the innocent unless there is a settlement in need or reporting that a settlement has been helped. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Preston may become unavailable to recruit before the siege on the Castle. If the Castle is then retaken, he will no longer engage in dialogue past a greeting or a settlement quest. [已核实]
- This can be fixed by selecting him, then using the console command removefac 00075d56.
- Has platform::Xbox One Sometimes if there is any weapon near Preston even if it is weaker than his laser musket he may equip it.[已核实]
- Has platform::PC If the player character destroys the Institute without issuing the evacuation order, Preston's dialogue will always be his immediate reaction to seeing it go up. One will be able to have the conversation with him repeatedly with no way of moving on. Though the final quest can be concluded by fast traveling elsewhere, the Sole Survivor will not be able to recruit Preston again. The player character will be able to do minutemen missions, however. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC There is a known bug where after the quest to reclaim the Castle it becomes impossible to get him as a companion. [已核实]
- This can be fixed on PC by opening the console, selecting Preston Garvey and inputting removefac 00075d56.
- A possible fix for this is to have Preston as a companion while initiating the assault on the Castle.
- Another possible fix is if the Sole Survivor sides with The Minutemen against the Institute in the endgame. After activating the bomb in The Nuclear Option, Preston will talk and can be asked to follow the Sole Survivor.
- Another possible fix is if one attaches a generator to the conduits and wires already setup in the castle the power requirements will turn green in the workshop menu and he will be able to act normally again.
- Preston's perk can be obtained without being able to get him as a companion. Assign him to an Artillery piece so he stays put, then build a Weapon Bench nearby. Modify a weapon at the bench and one should see the message "Preston liked that". Quicksave the game, load the Quicksave, and modify a weapon again. Repeat the Save/Load/Modify sequence until he idolizes the Sole Survivor, then go over and speak with him to get the perk.
- Has platform::PC If ordered to use a suit of power armor and either dismissed or if he leaves due to quests requiring him to leave (e.g. meeting at the Castle), it can disappear, with Garvey later found no longer wearing it. [已核实]
- Has platform::Xbox One If after choosing the Brotherhood ending and destroy the institute, to collect the holotape for Sturges from Proctor Ingram Preston may be "stuck" in the Museum of Freedom in Concord and enemies will continue to spawn inside. There is no known fix for this issue.[verification overdue]
- Has platform::PC Once the highest affinity level with Preston is reached, and the romance option is not chosen in the corresponding dialogue, the same "last talk" may pop up from time to time, especially if Preston is dismissed and re-recruited or spoken to a few days later.[已核实]
- Has platform::Xbox One Preston's default may become invisible. This can be fixed by equipping and unequipping a different weapon in his inventory. [verification overdue]
- Has platform::PC After the player character gains max relationship with Preston he will stop offering new radiant quest and he will keep looping the last affinity speech over and over every time the player character returns to Sanctuary; this will also happen with every male companion the player character has full affinity without choosing the romance option.[已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 4 When equipped with a piece of clothing, after a certain amount of time he will take it off and equip the colonial duster without being instructed to.[已核实]
- Preston's dialogue - Line 389
- Sturges' terminal - Mama Murphy's vision: I don't like this. Mama Murphy's been holed up in her room since that trader came through. She got a fresh stash of chems and when I went to make sure she's eating something she said she's ben having "the Sight" again. Said she saw the town surrounded, then overrun. Our people dead in the streets or captured. It sounds crazy, but she's been right about things before, and we were able to convince Jackson to put out a call for the Minutemen. I just hope it's not too late.
- Jun Long's terminal: I can't believe Mayor Jackson is actually trying to get the Minutemen out here based on Mama Murphy's drug crazed-hallucinations. Marcy tried to explain to him that she's just an old loon, and we've been refusing to sell her chems anymore, but she's even got Sturges convinced!
- Jun Long's terminal - She was right: I can't believe it, she was actually right. Sloan and Irma were working making repairs to the walls and saw them sneaking around by that old warehouse. We tried to scare them off, but they were still advancing on the monorail stairs. Then just when it looks like they are going to break through, the Minutemen actually showed up and drove them off! They're led by a man named Col. Hollis, and Kyle is completely awestruck. Said he is going to join them when he gets older and has been following them around like a puppy.
- Jun Long's terminal - Something's up: Something's going on. We thought at first that another of the Minutemen had shown up, since it seemed like Col. Hollis recognized him. The two of them went off to talk with Mayor Jackson in private. Not ten minutes later the man left and Col. Hollis followed him to the wall shouting about what he would do to deserters. Was that guy one of the Minutemen or not?
- Hollis's terminal: He actually had the nerve to try to convince the mayor and me to stand down. I politely informed him that there was not a chance in Hell of that happening, and what I would do to his traitorous ass if he showed up again. If someone of his experience is leading them, we'd better be ready for anything.
- Quincy ruins terminal entries#Col. Hollis: Shame I couldn't convince Col. Hollis to see reason, but the attack plan worked all the same. Once we blew the support on the highway and took the high ground, there was nothing they could do. Garvey managed to escape with a group of the settlers, but the rest was just a bloodbath.
- Preston's dialogue - Lines 1831-1833
- Clint's terminal: The detachment I sent after Garvey returned yesterday. They managed to pick off several more of the settlers before losing them in Jamaica Plains.
- Jared's terminal Gristle says there's a caravan headed this way. Some joker in a cowboy hat with a laser musket, three civilians and one frail old woman dressed like a fortune teller. It's her. I know it's her. I sent Gristle to collect her. I wonder if she'll recognize me? Of course she will. She saw this coming, after all.
Template:Navbox characters FO4