|“||People of the Commonwealth. Do not interfere. Our intentions are peaceful. We are the Brotherhood of Steel.||”|
—The Prydwen arriving in the Commonwealth
The Prydwen is a modified and armored Brotherhood of Steel airship that flies throughout the skies of the Commonwealth. The vessel serves multiple roles for the Brotherhood, including those of aircraft carrier, command center, clinic, personnel quarters, equipment maintenance bay and research facility. It is, for all intents and purposes, an airborne military base. It will be moored to the air traffic control tower at Boston Airport shortly after the Sole Survivor exits Fort Hagen during Reunions.
普利德溫號在亞當斯空軍基地花了六年完成，兩年蒐集材料，四年建造，到了2287年的時候它已經服役五年了。 It weighs forty thousand tons, as noted by Lancer Captain Kells and Elder Maxson. Before the journey to the Commonwealth, its original power plant has been replaced with an updated plant pulled from an old aircraft carrier.
The airship is filled with hydrogen, as stated during the quest Airship Down. Four pylons attached to the ship's flight deck carry a single jet engine each, being responsible for controlling the Prydwen's altitude and help to keep the ship aloft. There are four docking hooks for Brotherhood-modified VB-02 Vertibird gunships attached to the airship's hull. Vertibirds are accessible via the flight deck. Due to the combustible nature of hydrogen, the ship itself is not capable of combat, and this is stated by the crew.
The Prydwen is divided into two exterior areas and two indoor areas: the flight deck, the command deck, the main deck, and the forecastle.
On the main deck is a medical bay, mess hall, power armor station, crafting equipment and a shop (at the end of the corridor). There are also stairs that lead either up to the living quarters or down to a storage area. Around the perimeter and along the top are patrolled catwalks. The main deck is contained within the airbag, as the hydrogen is inside several canisters positioned around the outer hull.
The flight deck is located along the midsection of the gondola. There is a control room/storage area overlooking the deck, accessible at the back of the flight deck.
The command deck has three levels. The top level has Maxson's observation deck. The next one down is a storage area, with access to the forecastle. Finally, the bridge is at the bottom, where Lancer-Captain Kells can be found.
The forecastle is a small balcony which is accessible from the top the command deck.
- 麥蒂森·梨，如果在From Within期間招募進來
- Scara教授，如果在Liberty Reprimed期間招募進來
- Predictive Analytic Machine (如果在Tactical Thinking任務期間reprogrammed)
- 兄弟會二型 T-60b動力裝甲 - 鋼鐵之影任務獎勵。
- 狙擊雷射步槍 - 在普利得溫艏樓，從主甲板南方的大門進去。
- X-01動力裝甲一型頭盔、高斯步槍、 胖子發射器跟兩枚迷你核彈、 一個核融合核心和一大堆彈藥在蒂根督學的牢籠內，要破解大師鎖(視為偷竊)。
- 露西亞的個人鑰匙 - 在露西亞身上，以及克拉克的提箱內。同時克拉克的個人鑰匙在他床上。
- 露西亞騎士的日誌 - 在露西亞的個人提箱內。
- 七套完整的T-60動力裝甲套裝可以用偷的 - 五件自 (patrolling) sentries以及另外兩件在power armor bay.
- Airship captain's hat pickpocket from Knight-Captain Kells.
- Bomber jacket
- Engineer's armor
- Final Judgment (unique Gatling laser) carried by Elder Maxson.
- Medical goggles
- Quinlan's armor pickpocket from Quinlan.
- Science scribe's armor
- Teagan's armor pickpocket from Teagan.
- Welding helmet
- 鋼鐵之影 - 和聖騎士丹斯一同前往普利德溫號晉見麥克森長老。
- Airship Down - Assault the Brotherhood along with the Institute's synths.
- Rockets' Red Glare - The Sole Survivor, Deacon and Tinker Tom lead a secret raid to destroy the Prydwen.
- With Our Powers Combined - The Brotherhood have caused enough trouble, lead the Minutemen to destroy the Prydwen.
- The Prydwen will show up right after the main quest Reunions is finished, flying in over the western mountain range of the map and making its way across the Commonwealth, until it finally anchors above the Boston Airport. After this, the Sole Survivor can visit it during the Brotherhood of Steel quest Shadow of Steel offered by Paladin Danse.
- If the Sole Survivor has not yet dealt with the Brotherhood of Steel right after the Prydwen shows up (by avoiding the Cambridge Police Station), the optional Brotherhood quest Reveille begins, where it is only referenced as "the Brotherhood of Steel airship."
- Its remains can be visited if destroyed, and respawning Brotherhood corpses can be found and looted. Brotherhood of Steel scribes, knights and paladins may appear and attack the Sole Survivor.
- Bringing certain companions onto the Prydwen will cause different reactions from the Brotherhood personnel.
- Bringing Nick aboard will cause a generic Brotherhood member to exclaim that "machines shouldn't have free will," leading Nick to rhetorically ask if he believes that because he gave up his a long time ago. Another scenario is a generic Brotherhood member will state that Nick "disgusts" them, and Nick will retort that "the feeling's mutual."
- Bringing Hancock aboard will cause a member to ask the Sole Survivor if "that thing" is "tame," which causes Hancock to chuckle and mumble "hardly."
- Bringing Strong aboard causes a member to shout "mutie aboard," and Strong will say he is being too loud and he wants to throw him off the bow.
- Bringing X6-88 aboard causes a member to observe that something is "off" about the Sole Survivor's "pal," and X6-88 will state his synth designation, status as a courser and casually state the fact that he could easily kill all personnel aboard without a second thought.
- Bringing Dogmeat aboard causes some members to compliment him by saying that he is a tough looking dog, or insult him.
- When pickpocketed, most items will respawn periodically. This includes the airship captain's hat.
- The two suits of T-60 power armor at the power armor stations can be accessed via the power armor workstation, therefore be upgraded and looted without stealing if one were to unequip them.
- 普利德溫號 (中古威爾斯語 lit. "fair-faced," "handsome") 是關於威爾斯文學作品的傳奇人物亞瑟王的船艦名稱。Arthur and his men board it to sail to the Otherworldly fortress of Annwn [pronounced; ah-noon] in the somewhat cryptic poem Preiddeu Annwfn [pronounced; Prey-they--Ann-oovn] as well as when they sail to and from Ireland in the prose text Culhwch ac Olwen in an attempt to gain a magical cauldron. It is not explicitly named in any other native Arthurian tale or poem, and in the Anglo-Norman literature that drew from it Arthur does not appear to have a comparable vessel.
- It is pronounced by multiple characters different ways. Military Frequency AF95 broadcasts pronounce it "preed-win" whereas Paladin Danse pronounces it "prid-win;" the Welsh pronunciation is "prud-when."
- pc xboxone ps4 Stealing from the Prydwen armory can result in all Brotherhood NPCs turning hostile against the Sole Survivor. This can happen regardless of whether the Survivor is detected or not and can happen even if a Stealth Boy is used. Solutions include picking up the desired item and moving it outside the armory before stealing it. This does not alert the Brotherhood.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- This only happens if a very significant amount of loot is stolen. 表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc xboxone ps4 Killing the Brotherhood lancer-sergeant on the northern Vertibird gantry may result, after a save and reload, in an invisible corpse with an untargetable version of the NPC standing over it. The invisible corpse may be looted, and may even be moved, but will revert to its original position on reload. No known fix, but ultimately harmless. This bug has also been seen on the scribes along the flight deck.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- pc xboxone ps4 Following completion of the quest Airship Down, the Prydwen will still appear as a fast travel destination in the Pip-Boy. Attempting to fast travel to the Prydwen will yield the message "Fast Travel is currently unavailable from this location" regardless of where attempted.表达式错误：未预料的<操作符
- ↑ Arthur Maxson's dialogue: "Proctor Ingram's managed to keep a 40,000 ton airship aloft for the past five years. I'd say that earns her the benefit of a doubt."