As the name implies, this location is a drive-in movie theater with a large 3-story screen and a parking lot filled with the rusted hulls of destroyed cars. There are three major structures: the screen, the shack that houses the workshop, and the diner attached to the projector tower.
In the middle of the lot is a large water-filled crater containing a number of extremely radioactive barrels; however, removing the barrels through the workshop will stop the severe radiation. Once this has been done, the area will no longer be radioactive, although the water will still cause radiation damage if consumed. The diner is booby trapped in two places; a booby trap on the door detonates when opened, avoided by entering from the second floor via the collapsed roof and disarming it. The other booby trap is an active bottlecap mine set in the left-hand window, which can prove lethal.
The top of the screen is accessible by way of the stairs inside the screen, though there are armed land mines on the landings. A handful of locked rooms behind the screen contains useful supplies and building materials, and can also be used to shelter beds for settlers prior to constructing more centrally-located housing.
- Clearing the Way - The player character has to kill all of the mole rats before being able to activate the workshop and build a recruitment radio beacon.
- To the east-southeast of the main entrance, near the bridge, is a random encounter location. It seems to trigger quite often after a fast travel to Starlight Drive In. Such encounters include creatures ranging from mutant hounds or super mutants to even fighting deathclaws or mirelurks. There also exists a possibility for a named NPC to appear there when they are traveling between quest destinations. This seems to be the reason for spawns of brahmin in the area.
- Several companions will comment on the drive-in when the player character is there with them.
- The lake at the center of the Starlight drive-in is radioactive. With Wasteland Workshop installed, settlers and brahmin may suffer or die due to the radiation. Settlers will sit on the ground and recover over a while.
The Starlight Drive In appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes编辑
- There are several modern day drive-in theaters in the US with a similar name, including Starlight Six Drive In, Atlanta, GA, and in Kansas state. There are also similar named theatres in Litchfield, Minnesota and Amelia, Ohio called "Starlite Theatre." The name with either spelling was very popular among drive-in theaters at the peak of their popularity, and may have just been chosen for its name recognition.
- The snack bar/projection building is constructed in the shape of a large jetliner tail section, with the horizontal stabilizers providing overhang to the drive-in's entrance, and the projector booth being located up in the vertical stabilizer.
- Taking Point: Starlight Drive In, one may be unable to clear all of the hostiles even if they have been removed. Possible causes range from clearing the location prior to being assigned the mission, to clipping issues with the hostile mole rats not coming above ground. [已核实]
- Using the console command killall will end the mission, by killing all the enemy targets.
- Using the console command setlocationcleared 24F96 1 will set the location correctly cleared, allowing you to activate the workshop.
- Using a frag grenade to destroy one of the cars might bring the mole rats above ground.
- Using a melee weapon, or bare fists, to attack the holes with a marker over them, might be able to damage the mole rats.
Sometimes the settlers enter the screen stairs and are unable to exit the stairs, even by commanding them with the workshop menu. [已核实]
- This can be fixed this by fast traveling somewhere or by waiting or sleeping for a few hours.
- It may help to block off the entrance to the stairwell so settlers can't enter it, but this isn't always foolproof. Settlers that recently move in seem to have the ability of 'spawning' there on initial loading after they arrive, even if it is blocked off.
- Closing the door at the bottom of the stairs may fix this. The settlers go down, open the door and leave the screen.
- Sole Survivor becomes enemies with the Brotherhood of Steel, all the settlers at Starlight Drive In will keep attacking the invincible Brotherhood lancer, abandoning all the tasks they have been assigned. These settlers can no longer be interacted with. [已核实] An invincible Brotherhood lancer may appear at Starlight Drive In. He wanders around, but will not attack others under any circumstances. If the
Some players report being unable to build in most of the settlement, aside from next to the shack with the workshop, and near the screen. [已核实]
- The bug appears to be related to Patch 1.6, and may be fixed using console command resetquest patch_1_6.
- [verification overdue] Some players may find the main building of the drive in disappears, leaving the projector and previously built objects floating in place. The only known fix is a new game.