完成機械威脅後會立即激活本任務。 亞達會告訴唯一倖存者他們需要去通用原子工廠。到那里之後，一路殺到工廠的最深處，那裡玩家可以找到一個量子型機器腦。解決後可以找到機械大師的裝置。交給亞達，她會稱其為衛星追蹤設備。 亞達表示將它安裝在她身上，就可以反過來利用它。要做到這一點，玩家必須將亞達放置在機器人工作台中，為此必須在聚落中建造工作台。一旦安裝上，亞達會說為了定位機械大師的位置，他們還必須殺死聯邦中使用相同信號的機器腦，因此她還需要兩個信標以破解信號上的加密。言畢，亞達會將機器腦的位置標註在玩家的地圖上並結束本任務。
- Has platform::PC Searching the robobrain and obtaining the Mechanist device may not complete the "Search the Robobrain" objective. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC You can move forward with the console command setstage DLC01MQ02 2400
- Has platform::Xbox One You can uninstall Fallout 4 and DLC. Reinstall the main game and all DLC EXCEPT for Automatron. Load your current save, and then manually save the game. Then, proceed to reinstall Automatron. Reload the save file and the Automatron questline will restart from 'Mechanical Menace'. When that is completed, do not accept Ada's offer to follow you, this will then prompt you to send her to one of your settlements. Do not build a Robot Workbench. After sending Ada off, immediately proceed to 'A New Threat'. The game should be able to register the looting of the Mechanist Device from the Robo-Brain, and open up the next quest. Once this is done, then you may have Ada follow you and build a Robot Workbench.
- Has platform::PC If the player has built the Robot workbench prior to obtaining the prompt from Ada, the quest will not proceed until the current workbench is scrapped or stored, then rebuilt or placed again. Ada may be modified in other ways, but until the workbench replacement occurs, there will be no option to install the Special Mod that is the Radar Beacon. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Attaching the radar beacon to Ada may not complete the "Install Radar Beacon on Ada" objective. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC You can move forward with the console command setstage DLC01MQ02 2900.
- Has platform::Xbox One Upon first entering General Atomics Factory and begins to engage the robots, if the Sole Survivor exits the building, the Robobrain with the Mechanist device will spawn with the player outside.
- Has platform::PC It's possible that upon attempting to install the beacon, you may have limited options on Ada, including no "Special Mods" section, possibly due to damage taken during previous fights not fixing properly. If this occurs, attack Ada and kill her, then repair her with a robot repair kit. This will 'reset' her and allow full modification.