Speak with Evan Watson of the Institute's Advanced Systems section. He'll tell the Sole Survivor he is impressed with the Brotherhood of Steel's technology and that the Institute could learn a lot from it. He will then proceed ask the player character to go to the surface and find some blueprints for him, advising that there is a small Brotherhood salvage team that has some of these blueprints, thus being the target for collection of blueprints.
Upon arrival at the location, a small team of Brotherhood members will be guarding the blueprints, who will become hostile when attempting to retrieve the blueprints. Kill them, take the blueprints and return to the Institute. When handing them to Watson, he can be convinced with a speech check to give a reward, which if successful, will be 4 fusion cells.
- An abandoned, ruined building outside of Shamrock Taphouse.
- A building south of Hesters Consumer Robotics.
- A ruined house east of Vault 81.
- A ruined house north of Fort Hagen.
- The lobby of the Dartmouth Professional Building.
- A building south of Fallon's department store.
- A church southwest of Hyde Park.
- On top of a ruined building south of Custom House Tower.
- A cabin south of Electrical Hobbyist's Club.
- A house west of Nahant Chapel.
- A barn southwest of the Atom Cats garage.
- A shop west of Mass Gravel & Sand.
- This quest becomes available after completing Synth Retention.
- If the player has not yet sided with a faction in the main story and is in good standing with the Brotherhood, the salvage team will not become hostile upon looting the blueprints.
- X6-88 likes it when the blueprints are picked up.
- Danse hates it when the blueprints are picked up.