|“||Of course, the Dead Horses have their wooden war clubs and even the Sorrows have their Yao Guai gauntlets.||”|
It is possible to execute Lights Out outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The war club can successfully strike about 995 times from full condition before breaking.
- One can be found inside of the Dead Horses camp, outside Angel cave. It must be stolen.
- One in perfect condition is given as a bonus reward if no bighorners are killed while completing the quest Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin.
- They can be bought at the Gun Runners and from merchants at the 188 trading post after completing Honest Hearts, provided the trading routes are reopened.
- Joshua Graham sometimes sells them.
- The war club is the fastest blunt melee weapon in the game.
- After modifying it, this weapon has a damage-per-second (DPS) almost as high as weapons that require a Melee Weapons skill of 100. This makes it a solid melee weapon for players not devoted to increasing their melee skill.
- A war club that has been upgraded with honors makes the charge attack faster than running. In fact, simply holding down the melee button makes travel faster. The Slayer and Melee Hacker perks increase this speed, and when combined with rushing water, the player character will travel at a blinding speed.
- Both modifications for the war club can be purchased from the Gun Runners after completing Honest Hearts.
- The war club honors modification changes the weapon's icon.
- The war club is similar to war clubs used by the native population of New Zealand and Apache tribals.