The exterior is a large, shallow cave with a large wood facade, and a boxcar and forklift in front. At the back of the cave is a door entrance to the interior. The exterior has a few random boxes and lanterns, as well as a weapons workbench upstairs in the wooden section.
Inside, a vestibule leads to stairs on the left, a locker room on the right, and a long tunnel ahead with railroad tracks. The tunnel descends and turns left. Opposite the turn is a shack with random boxes and the entrance to a tunnel with radiation barrels on the right. The tunnel continues on a winding descent, with dead ends to the sides, until a final end next to a hallway.
The hallway leads to a machine room with several levels. At the bottom is an armor workbench and a keypad-locked supply cage. The cage can be closed and opened by button from within.
Downward stairs lead to a tunnel entrance, illuminated by fungi. This tunnel leads to a large open chamber with uphill rail tracks, and a second entrance to the interior from the Forest. The rails uphill lead to a dead end. A steamer trunk around the corner from the second entrance contains a treasure map.
The small second entrance, next to a small shack, is located to the northeast of the map marker, at the end of an uphill railroad detour south of the railroad bridge.
- Casualty report: Flatwoods - Note, on a dead Responder courier following the train tracks to the north.
- 你說了算 - 一進去礦場左轉上去，手拉車上。
- 點火 - 礦坑直走到底(南向)，在礦道轉左(往西)的轉角處棚屋工具箱內。
- 補給籠代碼 - 走出礦坑到達一個寬闊區，if the player character goes up the stairs on the left and around the catwalk to a set of lockers, it lies sitting in one of the lockers that has no door.
- Random magazine - On a cabinet at the top of the staircase to the left of the interior mine entrance.
- Hemlock Holes flyer - Note, inside the mine.
Gauley Mine appears only in Fallout 76.