|“||All across America, they were the first to run into danger: the brave fire fighters, police officers and medical professionals who selflessly served their communities. After the bombs fell, they formed the Responders. Their mission – help each other… no matter the cost.||”|
The Responders emerged in Appalachia after the Great War at some point before the year 2082. They were an organized volunteer group made up of firefighters, police, and medical staff that set up emergency aid stations in various towns to provide medical assistance and necessities to survivors. They also created an automated system to teach people basic survival skills such as how to treat water and obtain food.
The Responders had an uneasy relationship with the Brotherhood of Steel, as the Brotherhood tried to recruit skilled Responders away to join the fledgling Appalachian chapter. The organization did not have the equipment or expertise of being a former military unit like the Brotherhood, as much of their equipment came from their origins as civilian emergency services, meaning members of that caliber were both needed and in short supply. Like the Brotherhood, the Responders fought against the encroaching Scorched, and also researched a means to develop a vaccine against the Scorched plague, but their efforts ultimately fell short and they were wiped out some time before Vault 76 opened. There is evidence of a Responders Radio station that operated prior to the group's destruction, as mentioned in the Riverside Manor terminal entries.
By 2102, the Responders are long gone, with only their aid stations and the corpses of their members left behind to attest to their existence, as well as their Responder protectrons. Some of their protectrons continue to run their automated trading posts in Flatwoods and railroad stations across Appalachia.
- 應變同盟成員 were the leaders of the faction who each had a job, a specialty, and housing assignment. The job of Responders was to help everyone, including volunteers and candidates.
- 志工 were below Responders and had the job to help others. Like Responders, volunteers also had jobs, specialties, and housing assignments. Survivors registered to become volunteers with a Responder or at the self-serve registration kiosk. Survivors and candidates became volunteers by participating in two experiments and/or training sessions.
- 志工候選人 were of the lowest rank, being too young to become Volunteers or Responders. At the age of 13, candidates could be promoted. While candidates were assigned housing, they were not assigned jobs or specialties.
This division was responsible for fighting fires, and later the Scorched, across Appalachia. They were based in the former Charleston Fire Department and made up of a mix of pre-War Charleston F.D. and post-War volunteers. Player characters can go through their training regimen during the quest Into the Fire. They recruited only the very best, putting the candidates through quite the ordeal. The potential candidates had to enter a burning mine full of Scorched and sound the alarm at the end, drawing the Scorched to themselves in hordes. Even a group with experience fighting the Scorched failed this test.
Their cosmetic uniform is rewarded upon the completion of the main questline in Flatwoods. Along with the primary Responder forces in Flatwoods, they provided medical services and helped in recruiting efforts before the Scorched overran Morgantown Airport.
Responders' Police Force编辑
- Morgantown P.D. - assisted in the large scale defense of Morgantown Airport and also protected civilians within the city itself. Most of the police force was wiped out in the failed defense against the Scorched, and many police officers are seen to have turned into Scorched themselves.
- Charleston P.D. - responsible for maintaining law and order in the city of Charleston, they were wiped out along with most of the city following their capture of raider Rosalynn Jeffries, which her partner David Thorpe responded to by stealing a mini nuke and destroying Summersville Dam in what would come to be called The Christmas Flood.
- 瑪莉亞·E·查維茲 - 總部領導人，負責醫療支援
- 達莎·班亞彌 - 平林鎮前哨基地的首領
- 克萊兒·L·哈德森 - 總醫官，在AVR醫學中心負責疫苗研究計畫的博士
- 傑夫·Ｔ·中村 - 軍需官，在摩根鎮進行偵蒐任務
- 梅洛蒂·K·拉金 - 作戰教官，在黑山軍械所負責野戰手冊計畫
- 山傑·庫瑪 - 總工程師，在總部負責維修機器人
- 柯洛內爾 - 平林鎮的看護，負責照料小孩。
- 切爾西·R·麥基 - 總部的技工，負責維修機器人和森林守望計畫。
- 庫倫·麥克里德 - 平林鎮的工程師，後前往總部試圖聯絡。
- 達利恩·T·瓊斯 - 軍械所的彈藥製造員。
- 大衛·P·史特勞斯 - 總部的電腦技術人員，負責終端機。
- 戴伯特·溫特斯 - 平林鎮的政戰官兼主廚，負責食品安全。
- 德瑞克·J·卡索爾 - 快速反應小組成員，擔任警衛。曾與哈珀斯費里聯繫。
- 弗利茲·H·歐德爾 - 總部的教官，負責訓練新進人員。
- 蓋瑞·威爾金斯 - 平林鎮的生還者協調員，後調至總部。
- 傑瑞·P·艾伯納西 - 行駛總部與當地農田物資火車的警衛。
- 莉莉安·湯普金斯 - 總部的糧食供給人員，負責管理食物和水資源。
- 凱莎·麥德默特 - 平林鎮的研究員，監督用水安全。
- 凱文·J·特雷傑 - 快速反應小組成員，野戰醫護兵。
- 米格爾·卡德拉 - 平林鎮的工程師，後調至總部建造收容所。
- 萊恩·T·澤爾奈克 - 總部的藥物專家，負責製造藥物。
- 史考特·雪佛特 - 平林鎮的護士。
- 蘇菲·亞茲 - 平林鎮的志工候選人。
- 薇若妮卡·D·張 - 快速反應小組成員，野戰醫護兵。
- 迪安德烈 - 曾與哈珀斯費里聯繫。
- 梅洛蒂·拉金 - 隊長。
- 漢克·麥迪根 - 小隊長，最後蹤跡是前往世界之巔為自由邦維修輻屍人偵測系統。
- 阿勒曼巡佐 - last reported on duty at Big Bend Tunnel.
- 湯瑪斯中尉 - 戰前查爾斯頓消防隊及焰息隊的小隊長，前往清理布里姆採石場。
- 達斯汀 - 和湯瑪斯小隊長在採石場行動的成員。After Garrett's death, he attempted to console the squad by reasoning his death was relatively painless.
- 加勒特 - 和湯瑪斯小隊長在採石場行動的成員。行動過程中身亡，葬在造船廠。
- 歐瑪 - 和湯瑪斯小隊長在採石場行動的成員。
- Yas - 和湯瑪斯小隊長在採石場行動的成員。
The Responders appear only in Fallout 76.