| || 关于the game considered to be the predecessor to Fallout，参见Wasteland (game)。|
关于other uses of the term wasteland，参见Wasteland (disambiguation)。
|“||It's called "The Wasteland" for a reason, but there are settlements, too, spread all around, the human race is stubborn like that.||”|
The Wasteland or Wastes refers to the majority of the world's post-nuclear environment in the Fallout universe.
大部分城市都被夷为平地或是遭到了重创，with only a few exceptions.大量生长于地表的植物枯死，地球从一个富饶的星球变成了一个贫瘠而炎热的荒漠，幸存的生物时刻受到辐射的严重威胁。
- NCR: A Republic consisting of multiple states modeled of old world values.
- Caesar's Legion: An army of slaves modeled after ancient Rome and ruled by a man calling himself Caesar.
- Enclave: The remnants of the United States Government.
- Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel: A chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel that crashed in Chicago. Eventually they gain more control of the Midwest.
- East Coast Brotherhood of Steel: A chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel on the East Coast originally led by Owyn Lyons. Unlike the chapters out west they broke tradition leading to the formation of the Brotherhood Outcasts which would later rejoin after Arthur Maxson became elder.
- The Institute: The descendants of scientists at C.I.T. They are most well known for the creation of the synth which they use as soldiers and spies.
Each region appearing in the different Fallout games has its own specific name, except for Fallout Shelter, which uses the generic name "the wasteland":
- New California in Fallout, Fallout 2 and a part near Nipton in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Capital Wasteland, The Pitt and Point Lookout in Fallout 3 and its add-ons.
- The Mojave Wasteland, the Sierra Madre, Zion Canyon, Big MT and the Divide in Fallout: New Vegas and its add-ons.
- The Commonwealth, the Island and Nuka-World in Fallout 4 and its add-ons.
- Appalachia in Fallout 76.
- The Midwest in Fallout Tactics.
- The Texas Commonwealth in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.