Doctor Barrows runs Underworld's Chop Shop and has a disturbing sense of humor. He hangs around the Chop Shop most of the time, often looking in on Reilly, the human female he is treating. At night, he leaves to eat dinner at Carol's Place for a few hours, and then returns to the clinic. He sleeps for a couple of hours on site. Doctor Barrows is also the mayor of Underworld, although, because of the small nature of the town, his civic duties take a backseat.
He claims to be the foremost authority on the ghoul condition and he has managed to contain a pair of live glowing ones (named Meat and Ethyl) in an (inaccessible) observation cell. His business is mainly centered around the medical treatment of Underworld, but he and his assistant, Nurse Graves, are busily (but discreetly) studying a way to slow the advancement of the ghoul condition and maybe someday, reverse it. He is eager to get his hands on live samples from un-ghoulified humans.
Interactions with the player character
卖: Medical supplies
- Reilly's Rangers: He can start the quest, and also wake Reilly up. If Barrows is killed by the player character, it is not necessary to wake Reilly up. If one goes to the Statesman Hotel and helps the Rangers, Reilly will automatically appear in the Ranger compound.
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head: Passing a Speech check or bribing him can reveal information about Mister Crowley.
|服装||武器||其他 物品||死 亡|
|Wasteland surgeon outfit||Doctor Barrows' medical supplies key|
Barrows remains in the game files of Fallout: New Vegas, and he can still cure addictions and heal the player character. However, the quest option to wake Reilly is not present since the quest and Reilly are not in the game files.
- "Something doomed us to this rotting form, and I aim to discover what it is."
- "Come to lend me a hand I hope. I can always use fresh human samples."
- "Thanks. Now hold still, you don't want me to slip when holding sharp objects."
Doctor Barrows appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
The word "Barrow" means burial mound, keeping in line with the morbid theme of Underworld.
Has platform::PC Sometimes, he may become extremely buggy, resulting in him stating "I don't see anything wrong with you" when requesting medical attention, despite having every body part crippled. This may also be his only voiced line. Furthermore, he will not walk but rather slide around the room, even when performing idle actions such as holding his clipboard. [已验证]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- The Lone Wanderer: "What exactly is the doctor trying to do? You can tell me."
Nurse Graves: "He's trying to come up with a cure. A way to stop the human to Ghoul transition. Perhaps even one day to reverse it!"
(Nurse Graves' dialogue)