Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
If the player completes one of The Nuclear Option quests, and synth Shaun is not left behind in the Institute, he will ask the player character to bring items (e.g. a hot plate) so he can 'take it apart' and in return will build useful items for the player character, such as weapon mods and the Wazer Wifle. Additionally, the player character can ask Shaun to live with them, and can send him to a number of locations, similar to a companion, although he is not able to be assigned to beds, like many other NPCs. He cannot be commanded to move throughout the settlement. He will stay within the confines of a small area (e.g. near the Minutemen Radio Operator in the Castle).
If the player instead completes the Nuclear Family quest, Shaun will be interactable and found within the Advanced Systems Lab. The player has the ability to choose where Shaun will live by talking to him. If you subsequently decide to move him to another settlement, it must be done via the workshop interface. Shaun will sometimes ask for all sorts of parts in order to build something.
Effect of player's actions
- After The Nuclear Option, if Shaun is not left behind in the Institute, upon meeting with the player character again and being interacted with, he will give them a holodisk named Shaun's holotape as instructed by Father, saying "I didn't listen to it, so I dunno what it says, but I think it's important." The holotape, recorded by Father, reveals that he re-programmed Shaun to believe that he was the son of the player character, and pleads with the player character, saying "I would ask only that you give him a chance. A chance to be a part of whatever future awaits the Commonwealth."
- If the player chooses the Nuclear Family option, they can still obtain the holodisk, but Father's speech will differ, still revealing that he reprogrammed Shaun and saying "Both he and you deserved a chance to... To be a family. Please, take care of him."
- Should the Sole Survivor leave Shaun in the Institute following the sabotage of the reactor, he will express shock and dismay, exclaiming, "I hate you!" as the Survivor departs. He stays behind and dies in the explosion when the reactor detonates.
- If the Survivor sides with the Railroad and chooses to abandon Shaun, Tinker Tom will say he will teleport Shaun out of the Institute and have the child taken care of (as the Railroad's main objective is to free all synths). Shaun does not appear in the game again.
|Child uniform (in the Institute)
Kid's shirt and jeans (in Shattered/after The Nuclear Option)
- When moving Shaun to a new settlement; he will shut down on the spot, and be moved to his new home. There may be a delay from when he actually leaves the settlement.
- 从尚恩的对话中可以得知:他曾在不知道自己身份的情况下对人类与合成人的本质上思考了很久(although he sometimes wonders about "before this" and states that he can't remember the time he was a small child).
- 尚恩的发色与玩家的发色相同。This is because Shaun's appearance is based on the Player Character when they first started much like Father.
Shaun appears only in Fallout 4.
- The player character may be unable to give Shaun the first junk item he asks for after speaking to him following the Institute ending. When attempting to interact with him after retrieving the item, he will speak, but there will be no options to give it to him.[已核实]
- The player character may be unable to adopt Shaun if they choose the Nuclear Family ending. In addition if they are able to adopt him, they may not be able to move him to another location.[已核实]
- It seems synth Shaun's speech is bugged, as he may address male characters as mom, as well as female characters as dad.[已核实]
- Attempting to send Shaun to another settlement via the building menu can result in him shutting down as if someone had uttered his reset code. He will then remain standing there indefinitely, but during conversation his lips will still move. The only way to fix it is reloading an older save.[已核实]
- The player character may be unable to talk to Shaun while exiting the Institute during the Brotherhood and Minutemen storyline. This will effectively cause the player to be stuck in the Institute with no way out. The solution is to load a earlier save, wait in the relay, until they are all done talking.[已核实]
- On PC, open the console. If on the Minutemen storyline, enter setstage MQ302Min 1720. If on the Brotherhood of Steel storyline, enter setstage MQ302BOS 1720. This will complete the objective "Talk to Shaun" and allows one to talk to Sturges to continue the quest.