Before the Great War, Welch was a mining town where workers from various mines in the area lived. Shortly before the War, an non-depleted Ultracite vein in Atomic Mining Services' Mine Shaft No. 9. burst into Welch. AMS was dispatched to secure the Ultracite vein and began to evict the town's residents, stating they had mineral rights to the entire town. Those who resisted were violently removed by AMS security. The Charleston Herald sent reporters to investigate, but they found the town occupied by armed guards, and were promptly escorted from the area "by armed men, wearing AMS logos." However, the company's actions only provoked the townspeople into open revolt. News of the revolt quickly spread across the region and prompting laid off miners to attacking AMS and the other major mining companies until they were pacified by the National Guard.
Welch is a set of one- and two-story buildings and their remnants, situated at the bottom of a cliff from Welch station. Ground fires are scattered and numerous in the area.
A weapons workbench can be found against a garage west of the post office on "Elkhorn St." Wooden catwalks connect several of the buildings on this street and ash rose can be found around the street and throughout the rest of the town.
Duchess' hideout is located at the collapsed back of a building west of town, down a cliff from most other houses. Its blue mailbox says "Z. Wilson."
A U-Mine-It! vending machine can be found beneath a Red Rocket ad on the side of the bakery building.
- 監管人日記，紀錄5 - 在鎮上東側，伊凡的家。
- A plan - Randomly generated, at Duchess' hideout.
- Silver and uranium ore veins - Just to the right of the Duchess' safe box.
- Surveillance system tape - 8/08/77
- Eviction notice recording: The Kaminskis
- Case notes: Duchess
- Customer complaint
Welch appears only in Fallout 76.
- ↑ AMS corporate headquarters terminal entries#Ultracite R&D Report
- ↑ AMS: Corporate Bully
- ↑ Hornwright Industrial headquarters terminal entries: "I don't know what the hell AMS did in Welch over this new claim, but they fucked up bad. The town is in open revolt and from what I'm hearing, it's turning into a full on riot. They're trashing anything with a mining company name on it."
- ↑ The Rusty Pick terminal entries