The sledgehammer is a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
The weapon consists of a long wooden shaft and a metal hammer head.
It has a special Mauler attack that does 50% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 10 more Action Points, but also has a chance to knock down enemies (requires a Melee skill of 50).
Template:VATS attack table
It is possible to execute Mauler outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The sledgehammer can successfully strike about 745 times from full condition before breaking.
- Often carried by State of Utobitha super mutants on Black Mountain.
- Occasionally carried by Freeside thugs.
- Members of the Vipers gang sometimes carry them.
- Most of the Quarry workers in Sloan carry them.
- lobotomites, depending on the player character's level.
They can often be found on
- Can be found on some of the group of troublemakers who attempt to hold up the Vikki and Vance Casino after the quest My Kind of Town is completed.
- marked men.
Often used by
- It is a common weapon among Fiends.
- Can be found on the dead Boomers in the Nellis solar array generator room.
- One can be found at the South end of the emergency service railyard, next to a metal box under the platform.
- service route. Can be found in full condition in the
This weapon is affected by the Heavyweight perk.
Sledgehammer in the perk image for Unstoppable Force
Sledgehammer in the perk image for Hobbler
|Thrown||Dynamite* · Fire bomb* · Flash bang* · Frag grenade* (Holy Frag Grenade ) · Incendiary grenade · Long-fuse dynamite* · MFC grenade* · Nuka-grenade* · Plasma grenade* · Pulse grenade* · Tin grenade*|
|Placed||Bottlecap mine · C-4 plastic explosive* and detonator* (Loyal's detonator)* · Demolition charge · Fat mine* · Frag mine · Gas bomb · MFC cluster* · Plasma mine · Powder charge · Pulse mine · Satchel charge · Time bomb (Time bomb, high yield*)|
|Projectile||25mm grenade APW · Fat Man (GRA, Esther) · Grenade launcher · Grenade machinegun (Mercy) · Grenade rifle (Great Bear grenade rifle, mercenary's grenade rifle, Red Victory grenade rifle, Thump-Thump) · Missile launcher (Annabelle) · Red Glare|
|In-game||Deathclaw gauntlet · Gas grenade* · Meat mine · Stun grenade · Oliver anti-materiel rifle · Starlet's hand wraps · X-13 field disruptor pistol|
|Developmental||Debug megapistol · Plasma rifle always crit · Plasma rifle weak · The Disintegrator · The Faderator · Scorpion rifle · Spider rifle · Slave's Burden|
|Not in-game||GP machine gun · Heavy rail cannon · Heavy riveter · Light rail cannon|
|Companion||Arcade Gannon's Ripper · Boone's scoped hunting rifle · Follows-Chalk's .45 Auto pistol* · Follows-Chalk's war club · Joshua's Pistol Whippin' .45* · Lily's assault carbine · Lily's gauntlet · Lily's Vertibird blade · Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum · Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer · Waking Cloud's yao guai gauntlet*|
|NPC||Poisoned bladed gauntlet · Poisoned cleaver · Poisoned fire axe · Poisoned hatchet · Poisoned machete · Poisoned mantis gauntlet · Poisoned throwing spear|