A settlement established by the raiders, Crater was built in the ruins of the Valiant-1 space station, which lost optimal orbit as time passed after the Great War and crashed into the Toxic Valley. Although the raiders had been in Appalachia previously as five different factions: the Cutthroats, Gourmands, Blackwater Bandits, Diehards, and Trappers, all of their previous camps and hideouts had been abandoned when they were forced to flee or were killed by the Scorched. Word of the region being recolonized by the Vault 76 Vault Dwellers convinced the raiders, now led by Meg, to return and set up their new home base at the crashed space station in the Toxic Valley.
The Crater is located in a large, shallow crater near the northeastern edge of the Toxic Valley. The space station appears to have fallen from orbit at a high velocity, devastating the surrounding area. The bulk of the station remains embedded upright in the center of the crater, with fragments scattered around it.
By 2103, the location has been turned into a raider settlement, adding scaffolding, amenities, and other decorations typical of raider architecture. The Crater Core is located in the center of the spaceship and has been turned into the raiders' headquarters.
- 氣閥C7存貨清單 - 旋輪殘骸西南方不遠處太空站殘骸的骷髏旁。(廢土人更新前)
- 無題詩 - 太空站東南方山坡上一棟屋子的戶外廁所內，靠近knife edge。
- 太空衣和太空衣頭盔 - 氣閥C7內，門口的密碼鎖需要上述存貨清單的密碼。(廢土人更新前)
- Flight data recorder
- Random recipe - On a metal shelf in the raider cabin.
- Raider power armor chassis - On the second floor of the raider cabin.
- 「鯨」世大消息 - 在蒙奇的住所桌上。
- 大戰 - 同上。
- 新星軌道太空站 - 同上。
- 梅格爛透了 - Holotape, in a footlocker.
- 創建會計劃 - 在一個小屋的鐵桌上。
- 賦歸 - 在黃色校巴最裡面的座位上。
- 希娜的全像卡帶 - 財產所有權任務道具。
- As of patch 18.104.22.168, yao guai and Scorched no longer spawn in the settlement.
- As of patch 22.214.171.124, fast traveling to the Crater is free of charge.
- Nathan Purkeypile designed much of the Crater's layout, lighting and cluttering.
- 墜毀的太空站設計看起來有點像黑島當初的Fallout 3(代號Van Buren)的Ballistic Orbital Missile Base 001太空站。
- 現實中這種環狀太空站的設計起源自1950年沃納·馮·布勞恩的設計和模型，其使用了康斯坦丁·齊奧爾科夫斯基的理論，即利用旋輪製造人工重力that would be controlled not only by the size of the ring but by how fast it would spin.NASA在1975年策劃史丹佛環面就是同構想的巨大版本，但到目前為止從未嘗試建造unless the Space Station X-1 attraction built by von Braun and Walt Disney in 1955 is counted.
- Nate Purkeypile on Twitter: "Various settlements I have made on the Fallout series over time. / Also, to clarify, I did the layout, lighting and cluttering. So not just the world art side of things. I enjoy thinking about how a city is laid out and functions. Designers handled the actual NPCs, quests and dialogue."
- ArtStation - Portfolio, Nathan Purkeypile