|“||他们为教主服务。他们想治愈这个世界，也给世界带来无法避免的痛苦。他们是暗夜中的天使，一边救赎，一边杀戮。Curiosity is a foolhardy emotion, but doubtly so when it comes to the Nightkin.||”|
Nightkin can be found in the upper levels of the Cathedral, as well as inside the Mariposa Military Base, and in random patrol encounters in the cells around the base. After the Master's fall, many surviving Unity super mutants had become a chaotic wasteland wandering force, set on to destroy everything it encountered. They are superior to other super mutants in skill, equipment, and weaponry. Many of the nightkin are equipped with cloaking devices, such as Stealth Boys. The only gaming effect of this is to give them a slight ethereal look, as it does not affect the player's chance of hitting them.
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel编辑
After the death of the Master, parts of the super mutant army gathered and formed a new faction, led by Attis. Many years after their regrouping, these mutants captured the Secret Vault in order to use the FEV reserves stored inside. Attis' goal was to continue the Master's plan. His army had an elite unit of nightkin, much improved in skill, and equipped with high-tech stealth suits to enhance their abilities. These suits served the same function as Stealth Boys. These suits probably originated from, or were made in the Secret Vault.
There are some scattered in the waste in places such as Black Rock cavern.
那些追随塔比瑟的夜行族某种意义上可以算是“孤立主义者”，公开警告人类与黑山保持距离，并宣扬那些“可怕的斗牛”和“双头熊”有多么危险，当然其实就是指凯撒军团和新加州共和国。一个住在诺瓦克附近，为失眠症所困扰的夜行族每天晚上都会偷偷的来杀死一条双头牛，希望能够消除脑子里总是在干扰他的声音，他觉得这是那些双头牛造成的。He can be found during the day, cloaked behind a boulder across the road and to the west of town.Despite their phobia, some nightkin have become Antlerists, and take orders from their god, Antler, an inanimate brahmin skull located in the basement of the REPCONN Test Site.
Nightkin play an important part in the quest Come Fly With Me. The Courier is sent by Jason Bright, the founder of the Bright Brotherhood, to take care of "demons" that are infesting the basement level of the REPCONN rocket testing facility.
At Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch a nightkin will appear next to you and start chat. He will offer to sell the player wind-brahmin for all their caps. If the offer is declined, he will turn hostile and proceed to attack the player. If the player accepts the offer without asking about the price, no caps will be removed, and the nightkin will give a free Stealth Boy instead. Another Stealth Boy will be in his inventory available for pick-pocketing.
- The mutant commando advanced character class from the canceled Fallout d20 was based on the nightkin.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, the nightkin are suffering from schizophrenia, partially due to the fact that overuse of Stealth Boys over a prolonged amount of time has been proven to cause mental problems in nightkin. This theory was tested and proven by Doctor Henry. Also, because they are so used to being invisible, they hate being looked at.
- Nightkin seem to have a strange fascination with brahmin; Davison worships a brahmin skull, a nightkin kills Dusty McBride's brahmin under the impression that the brahmin are keeping him awake, the heads of a brahmin are mounted on the wall in Black Mountain Radio station and another nightkin attempts to sell travelers wind-brahmin.
- Boone's Spotter perk does not work with cloaked nightkin.
- ED-E's Enhanced Sensors perk can detect cloaked nightkin.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, nightkin have the perks Toughness and Ninja.
- V.A.T.S. can target nightkin even while they are cloaked but this is not a bug. It may be because of V.A.T.S.'s ability to detect lifeforms no matter if its cloaked or not.
The nightkin appear in Fallout in the Cathedral and the Mariposa Military Base, in Fallout 2 as a hostile encounter on the world map, in the Secret Vault in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, and make a comeback in Fallout: New Vegas and the add-on Dead Money.
Behind the scenes编辑
- In Fallout 3, the word "nightkin" occasionally appears in the password list when hacking a terminal.
- Fallout, some nightkin that fight unarmed disappear (become "invisible") during the player's turn in combat and can not be targeted. The only way to end a battle with them is to either flee the area, or have them be killed by accidental fire, e.g. by other enemies that miss and hit them or using a burst mode of a weapon targeting any other available target with the intent to hit the supposed "invisible" nightkin. In the original
- Fallout: New Vegas, the shaders that make nightkin invisible are sometimes bugged, causing them to remain invisible after deactivating their Stealth Boys (although they will be treated as visible for the purpose of calculating V.A.T.S. percentages). This has been observed in the REPCONN Test Site basement and during the encounter near the McBrides' house in Novac, and appears to be linked to reloading a previous save during, or immediately after, an encounter with a nightkin (possibly after being killed). In
- Highway 95 Viper's encampment). This nightkin master will be neutral unless attacked by the player, but may be encountered fighting Vipers. If killed, this nightkin will have a minigun in very poor condition and The Screams of Brahmin (note). After the nightkin that has been attacking Dusty McBride's cattle is killed, a nightkin master can appear near the tent in the middle of Novac, (can be encountered as far away as the