|關於the wendigo encountered during One Violent Night，參見The Nightstalker。|
战前包若思博士认为美国西部响尾蛇已经濒临灭绝，为了让响尾蛇的基因得以延续，他在大山脉科研基地用郊狼和响尾蛇的基因混合制作了这种怪物（地点为Z-9克罗塔勒斯DNA保存实验室）。根据博士不清晰的记忆，他还认为夜枭成为今天的模样与卡利斯博士在X-13实验室的冒险行为有关。亚当菲吉斯博士认为X-8运输部门员工有能力应对突发事件，因此他以观察为目的将夜枭释放到了X-8 来研究它们的行为。 ，结果夜枭袭击了X-8研究中心的船运部门，并杀死了除斯基皮以外的所有员工。大战爆发让大山脉科研中心秩序崩溃，所有实验室全部失控，夜枭得以从实验室中逃脱，一部分夜枭盘踞在大山脉中生存，其他则冲向莫哈维废土甚至更远，甚至达到了Baja。 夜枭偶尔会在领土上与大黄蜂（也是在大山脉上创造的）发生冲突。
夜枭在莫哈韋廢土的洞穴中筑巢，可以在洞穴内或附近地区找到它们。 Packs of night stalkers can be frequently seen hunting at night east of Morning Star Cavern near the nest with the radscorpion queen, south of the broc flower cave and northwest of the cap counterfeiting shack. Their original breeding ground is the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab, located in the Big MT.
- Endurance, antivenom
- Datura antivenom, Blood Shield, Tribal Wisdom
- Heartless, Cardiac Arrest
- Snakebite tourniquet
Night stalkers can pose a particular threat in areas of low visibility, at night (when they are active) or in caverns. They are especially dangerous inside their dens, where packs are usually large in numbers, and twisting corridors make it difficult to detect exactly where they are.
Night stalkers found in the Charleston Cave and the lower level of the X-13 research facility have the ability to cloak as if using a Stealth Boy. The ones in the Charleston Cave gained this ability from chewing on a Stealth Boy, while the ones in the X-13 testing facility had the ability granted by an unknown scientist. As with any other cloaked enemy, these night stalkers can only be targeted in V.A.T.S. with the Enhanced Sensors companion perk provided by ED-E. Their invisibility will not prevent them from causing ripples in any body of water they move in, hindering their ability to execute an ambush attack.
栖息在苦泉镇西部血腥洞穴，拥有比普通夜枭更大的体型和攻击力，，但是搞笑的是，In appearance, it is visually identical to standard night stalkers but differs only in size, being about the size of a bighorner.它通常会出现在一个有几个常规的夜枭和幼年夜枭的群体中，可以在几秒钟内杀死一个低级别玩家角色。
莫哈维废土五传奇最弱小的一个, but 可以轻易杀死低级玩家。它也是唯一一种传说生物可以受到动物之友輔助能力的影响不会与玩家敌对。
- Bleed Me Dry: Red Lucy at the Thorn asks the Courier to collect various eggs from Mojave creatures, including some night stalker eggs.
- Guess Who I Saw Today: The Courier can help Doctor Henry at Jacobstown to study how local night stalkers developed a natural stealth field.
- Fight Night: Up to three night stalkers can be challenged in the arena at The Thorn.
- Similar to cazadores, night stalkers found in the Big MT are tougher than their Mojave counterparts.
- Night stalkers found in The Thorn's pit do not have any venom.
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Walking through the Mojave Wasteland, it is possible that the player may see a night stalker with several heads and legs. This is actually a bug in the respawn. It happens when several spawn in the same place, resulting in a number of night stalker models within each other and bound in place. Because they cannot walk they can easily be killed. [已核实]
- Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Sometimes while encountering a night stalker, they will randomly die. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Has platform::Playstation 3 Has platform::Xbox 360 Attempting to aim at a night stalker's head (in realtime or V.A.T.S.) often results in missing shots. Possibly there is something off with the night stalker's collision/hit detection around its head, similar to what happens with evolved centaurs. For best results (and to avoid all shots missing in V.A.T.S.), target the body instead. [已核实]
- Has platform::PC Big MT night stalkers in the open air and the X-8 research center will panic if the player has Strength of 8 or higher. They'll be hostile, run to and fro, but not attack. A "normal" fearless variety is found inside Z-9 and X-13. [已核实]
- The Courier: "So Nightstalkers were created for what purpose, then?"
Borous: "-To preserve coyote... no, no, wait. The snake DNA was important because... the snakes with the rattles were dying out, and...- -Or maybe it was a bet from Calis in X-8? He had some mountain lion... eagle... condor... idea. "Bet you can't breed this," he said. Showed HIM.- -Then it... spliced itself into a coyote...-y, snake thing. Which was eventually successful. -"
- X-8 research center terminal entries; X-8 observatory terminal, Regarding Shipping Department Lockdown
- X-8 research center terminal entries; X-8 observatory terminal, Shipping Department in Lockdown
- Fallout: New Vegas loading screens: "Nightstalkers are fearsome nocturnal predators created by splicing together coyote and rattlesnake DNA."