Wallace is the head of the Customs Office of Vault City.
A thin man with a pinched face and a sharply pressed Vault suit, he is responsible for keeping a log of all the goods that come to us via the caravans and supervising all transactions, as all merchants must pass through customs before entering the city. He is the only person (except for Skeev) that can grant initial entrance into the city.
Wallace is only at the customs office outside Vault City during the day, which may make it difficult for some people to enter initially. Also, any crimes you commit to the guards at night will be remembered by Wallace during the day, and he will not allow entry.
Interactions with the player character编辑
- Remove his armour, revealing the Vault Jumpsuit,
- Convince Wallace that he needs to talk to Lynette urgently (75% Speech required),
- Carry a (Golden) Gecko Pelt, (Refined) Uranium Ore or a Gold Nugget and pose as a trader,
- Pickpocket one off of him,
- With IN <4, a Day Pass is issued automatically,
- Expose Skeev (75% Speech required).
One can also inquire as to what goods come through the Customs office, and where from, though locations are not provided.
Wallace appears only in Fallout 2.