The Secret of Cabot House is a side quest in Fallout 4.
|850||Meet Jack outside Parsons State Insane Asylum||There's been some kind of attack on Jack's facility at the Parsons State Insane Asylum. Jack and I are going to deal with it.|
|910||Help Jack reach his office||Raiders have overwhelmed Edward and the other guards and managed to get inside Parsons State Insane Asylum. Jack and I need to reach his office before the raiders completely overrun the facility.|
|950||Help Jack reach the basement||We found Edward badly wounded in Jack's office inside Parsons. He had shut down the elevator to the lower levels but the raiders have still managed to get to the basement. I still don't know what they're after, but Jack seems to think it's critical that we stop them.|
|1000||Stop the Raiders from freeing Lorenzo Cabot||Jack and I reached the basement where his father Lorenzo is imprisoned. A group of raiders are close to freeing him from his cell. I need to stop them before it's too late.|
|1200||Kill or Free Lorenzo||Jack wants me to help him kill his father Lorenzo before Lorenzo can escape from his cell. Lorenzo told me not to listen to Jack, but to free him instead. I have to decide who to believe.|
|1210||Talk to Jack - Player chose to kill Lorenzo||I did as Jack instructed and set the Abremalin generators to manual override so that Jack could flood Lorenzo's cell with lethal zeta radiation.|
|1250||Talk to Lorenzo - Lorenzo is free||I did as Lorenzo asked and released him from his cell. I should find out what Lorenzo is going to do now. OR|
Lorenzo managed to free himself from his cell. I should find out what Lorenzo is going to do now.
|1300||Return to Cabot House - Either to meet Lorenzo or warn other Cabots||After Lorenzo escaped from his cell in the basement of Parsons, he told me he was heading to Cabot House to kill his family. I have to decide whether to warn the Cabots or help Lorenzo take his revenge. OR|
I attacked Lorenzo after he escaped from his cell in the basement of Parsons. I should warn the Cabots that he is coming to Cabot House to kill them all.
|1340||Lorenzo dies in combat before reaching Cabot House||I killed Lorenzo after he escaped from his cell in the basement of Parsons State Insane Asylum. I should return to Cabot House to let them know they're safe from Lorenzo's revenge.|
|1350||Talk to Jack|
|1450||Kill Lorenzo or the Cabots||I returned to Cabot House after Lorenzo escaped from his cell in Parsons. While talking to Jack, Lorenzo appeared and began trying to kill the rest of his family. OR|
I returned to Cabot House and managed to convince Jack that I was still on his side. Lorenzo appeared and is trying to kill all of us.
|1600||Talk to Lorenzo or Jack - battle over||I managed to kill Lorenzo before he could return to Cabot House and take his revenge on the rest of his family. Jack may be willing to reward me for my help. OR|
Lorenzo was killed while attempting to take his revenge on the rest of his family. Jack may be willing to reward me for my help. OR
Lorenzo returned to Cabot House and killed his family in revenge for being imprisoned in Parsons State Insane Asylum for hundreds of years. He may reward me for my help. OR
Lorenzo and Jack Cabot are dead. The story of Cabot House is over.
|2000||Quest complete||I killed Lorenzo after he escaped from his cell in the basement of Parsons State Insane Asylum. With his father dead, Jack doesn't need my services any longer. However, he is going to see if he can make something useful for me out of the alien artifact. OR|
I killed Lorenzo after he escaped from his cell in the basement of Parsons State Insane Asylum. With his father dead, Jack doesn't need my services any longer. OR
Lorenzo was killed while attempting to take his revenge on the rest of his family. With his father dead, Jack doesn't need my services any longer. OR
Lorenzo was killed while attempting to take his revenge on the rest of his family. With his father dead, Jack doesn't need my services any longer. However, he is going to see if he can make something useful for me out of the alien artifact. OR
Lorenzo returned to Cabot House and killed his family in revenge for being imprisoned in Parsons State Insane Asylum for hundreds of years. As a reward for my help, Lorenzo has promised to supply me with serum made from his blood.
- If the player character is high leveled, then after siding with Lorenzo in the asylum it may be necessary to protect him on his way back to Cabot House. Lorenzo is not marked as essential and during his trip home he could be killed by high level enemies (the Forged for example). If that happens, when the player character arrives at Cabot House they will find only dialogue about Lorenzo already being dead available.
- If one has a follower who doesn't like wanton violence, they can dismiss them before killing the rest of the Cabot family to gain immortality with no repercussions with followers.
- If one has a follower who doesn't like unneeded deaths or violence (Curie, for example), one can choose to kill Lorenzo inside the machine, then open the door afterwards. The follower will dislike the Sole Survivor killing him, then subsequently like opening the door.
- Alternatively if one has a follower who doesn't like unneeded violence, they can open the door, then simply shoot Lorenzo. This allows one to gain affinity without losing any.
- Starting this quest is the only way to gain access to the rooms containing the Charisma bobblehead and issue #1 of the Massachusetts Surgical Journal. The bobblehead is located in Jack Cabot's office and the skill book is on a cupboard in Lorenzo's room.
- When storming the asylum with Jack, there is a spot in the abandoned wing where one must jump down. If Jack just stands there and won't jump, one can push him off by walking into him. Afterwards, he should continue normally.
- Jack Cabot can get stuck in the administration lobby if you proceed to insane asylum section before killing all the raiders. If you make it to the elevator without Jack, you're stuck in this part of the facility. Alternatively, you can get out of it using jetpack or the tcl console command.[verification overdue]
- Upon activating the button to free Lorenzo, the door to his cell may not open. There are two solutions, either allow Lorenzo to blast the door open himself, or sit in the chair in the corner of the room and use the wait function, which will spawn Lorenzo outside of his cell.[verification overdue]
- Jack Cabot sometimes spawns on the other side of the unpickable door leading to Lorenzo in the basement, preventing the quest from proceeding. This happens after following Jack inside the asylum, then leaving the building with loot and teleporting away. Upon returning Jack is on the other side of the unpickable door. No way to continue or return. [已核实]
- Completing the quest in Jack's favor may incorrectly display the quest completion text in the Pip-Boy as if you helped Lorenzo. This does not seem to affect earning the artifact gun reward.[已核实]
- When you reach Jack's office in the asylum and find Edward, the quest marker may appear on Edward but it is actually Jack you must talk to in order to continue. [已核实]
- When you reach Jack's office and Edward is just a marker, Jack will freeze kneeing at it. Open Console and enter "prid 47ec1" after that "moveto player." Edward appears besides the player and Jack starts the dialogue.
- Items within Cabot House respawn at least twice during the mission.[已核实]
- Sometimes the game will fail to spawn Edward and Jack will become unresponsive once reaching his office. [已核实]
- After siding with Jack and killing Lorenzo, the last step is to "Talk to Jack Cabot about the artifact." Attempting to talk to Jack, however, will not start the necessary speech check to end the quest. Jack will only offer small talk such as "Oh, it's you" therefore leaving the quest indefinitely unfinished. [已核实]
- Jack will somehow turn hostile if he sees the player lockpicks a "Master" safe in the basement of his house, despite the safe having no red text and all items in the house have no "Steal" option.[已核实]
- When siding with Lorenzo Cabot, the robot guards outside of Cabot House will come inside and attack the player once the other members of the family become hostile. If they are attacked and destroyed, Lorenzo will become hostile as well. At this point, the quest cannot be completed since Lorenzo is still considered the next step even after being killed. However, if the player does not attack the robots, leaving Lorenzo, Deegan, and a potential companion to destroy them, the quest will continue as normal.[已核实]
- If the player runs ahead, Jack may not follow and will not spawn when taking the elevator down to Lorenzo's cell. This can be fixed by using the "wait" command for 24 hours and then taking the elevator down again; Jack should spawn with the player this time.[已核实]
- Upon completing the asylum quest by releasing Lorenzo then killing him, the quest might become stuck after waiting the in-game week for Jack Cabot to finish his research. The marker will stay in its place, but Jack will not speak to you to finish the mission.[已核实]
- If the player follows Jack on foot to the asylum and makes Jack hostile en route by attacking or pickpocketing him, Jack will attack the player and continuously respawn as hostile, because Jack is essential at this state in the quest. The player can advance to the asylum and hide behind Jack, slowly tracking Jack as he walks through the asylum until Jack disappears in front of the elevator to the basement, breaking the quest.[已核实]
- Even after Lorenzo Cabot is killed, engaging a dialogue conversation with Jack is impossible as he becomes hostile and it makes it impossible to complete the quest, especially since he cannot be killed at all no matter what.[已核实]
- The Berserk Raiders may manage to 'slam' Jack Cabot to the ground, causing him to get stuck there and be unable to move or unlock the door in the basement. Using the console, this can be reset by selecting Jack Cabot and typing first disable then enable.[verification overdue]
- On the way to get Jack Cabot to his office, he may glitch next to the far left door, and even when attempting to force him to move, he will not budge, making the quest unable to continue no matter what. [已核实]
- After killing Lorenzo and returning to Jack after more than a week, Jack may be not interacted with at all and therefore will not grant the player character the artifact gun. Sometimes he can be interacted with, but he will not talk about the gun and his father.[verification overdue]