“One of our field agents, Old Man Stockton, needs help with a runaway synth, H2-22. So headquarters, as always, puts out the fires that others can't be bothered to put out themselves. The paranoid old bat won't even tell us the problem, he insists that we get our intel from a dead drop.”— Doctor Carrington
- When Doc Carrington complains about Old Man Stockton's insistence on using a dead drop, suggesting that he might have "good reason to be paranoid" will elicit a like from Deacon and Curie. Alternatively, Deacon will like saying "You hate everyone" and Curie will dislike it. Deacon also likes simply saying it's an important mission.
- Additionally, when Carrington asks "if Deacon at least taught you the countersign," Deacon likes you responding "Of course he did."
- Deacon will like it if you tell Stockton "Delays are bad."
- Deacon will like it if you ask High Rise for the Railroad countersign.
- MacCready will dislike H2 reaching Ticonderoga.
- Cait will dislike H2 reaching Ticonderoga, but this can be evened out by telling High Rise that you haven't joined the Railroad to be his babysitter.
- If the player character asks Doc Carrington about what a dead drop is, Nick Valentine will immediately say "Never read a spy novel, huh?" This is one of the several remarks Nick Valentine makes that show his fondness of pre-War literature.
- If the player character asks Doc Carrington about what a dead drop is, MacCready will make a wise crack about food poisoning.
- Traveling through Cambridge during this quest can pick up the attention of many otherwise unrelated enemy groups, requiring one to eliminate them to ensure the safety of Stockton and H2 during and after the quest:
- Super mutants at Cambridge construction site on the way to Ticonderoga.
- The raiders in front of BADTFL Regional Office may kill Stockton after the quest.
- Additionally, a deathclaw may be found close to the church.
- Has platform::PC If you head to the church to "secure the rendezvous" and the raiders are dealt with, Stockton may not arrive, leaving the quest unable to be completed.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC Upon arriving at the church, you may discover two raiders inside and one feral ghoul outside (or already killed by two raiders). After killing the raiders and ghoul, the quest still may not progress and your objective will remain "Secure the rendezvous point." The quest requires that you kill three raiders to advance to the next stage and the ghoul mistakenly spawns in place of a raider. This bug makes it impossible to complete the quest on Xbox. On PC you could use console to resurrect and kill again one of the raiders and the quest will move to the next stage as expected.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC It's possible to pick up the Augusta report and start Butcher's Bill before reporting back to Carrington. If you complete Butcher's Bill as well, you can no longer hand in Boston after Dark. Carrington will only have his generic dialogue.[已验证]
- This can be avoided by loading a save before the glitch occured, and allowing him to talk to you first instead.
- Has platform::PC Using the console, the quest can be completed with setstage 5fd90 800.
- Has platform::PC Stockton and H2-22 may also arrive during daytime.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC Stockton will go to the lamp to light it for the signal but the lamp won't actually ignite.[已验证]
- Has platform::PC The raiders in the church cannot be killed by companions or through inciting them to attack each other. They will simply fall down at low health, getting back up after a few seconds.