The manor is a single building with three floors and a locked basement door leading to an interior area, all populated by many feral ghouls. The building is in a state of considerable disrepair.
The basement contains several leveled ghouls, Theodore's personal terminal and the corpse of Theodore Croup. The basement also houses a weapons workbench.
- A Jangles the Moon Monkey in the basement behind the bookshelf.
- The basement interior cell is not part of the settlement boundaries, therefore nothing can be built there.
- Despite the fact that the basement interior cell has windows inside, there are no windows from outside of the house.
- Sentient companions will say unique comments about the mansion feeling rather "unpleasant."
- Upon entering the basement, Deacon will sarcastically comment about backing you up the next time you "storm a ghoul-infested basement."
- In the nearby woods by Nahant Chapel, a mirelurk queen spawns behind the chapel.
- Despite being adjacent to a rather large body of water, none of it is inside the settlement boundaries, so a water purifier cannot be built here.
- The feral ghouls in the basement must be killed in order to access this settlement.
Croup Manor only appears in Fallout 4.
- Settlers at the Croup Manor may get stuck by falling off the cliff outside of the buildable area. The settlers can be returned to the area by fast traveling and then returning to the settlement.[已核实]
- The bodies of the ghouls present on the settlement, even if initially moved, will return to their original designations as if the player character first discovered the settlement. This can be attributed to the unsightly hanging man in the manor's dining room. Additionally, this may cause ghouls to continue to spawn here, even after it has become a settlement. This includes a ghoul that is not aggressive toward those within the settlement until attacked, which spawns just behind the garage area, as well as the glowing one on the top floor, which has the ability to revive ghoul corpses close to it.[已核实]
- If a lancer-initiate stands in front of the house, one cannot interact with them. Any shots fired at him will also have effect, nor will they garner a physical reaction on impact. [已核实]
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 338: "Through the gates from Nahant is a wooded area of once-lavish mansions. The most ostentatious of these is Croup Manor, belonging to a distinguished Nahant family."
- ↑ Theodore's personal terminal - Journal Entry: 1/15/78: When my father said that nothing could change the "Croup Family Dynasty," not even the crippling debt from a bad stock market trade, he apparently didn't think about a world flooded with radiation poisoning...
Let me back up. When I watched the mushroom clouds rising, I thought that it was someone's sick joke. I'd prayed for something to wipe away the debt, but this was not what I had in mind. But I'd take a blue collar lifestyle over having the majority of my facial features slide off in my sleep...
- ↑ Theodore's personal terminal - Journal Entry: Journal Entry: 2/2/78: I've started to find that there are other survivors out here. Some of them look like roadkill, too.
- ↑ Theodore's personal terminal - Journal Entry: 2/10/78: Look, if I can still talk and function and act like a normal human being, then so can they. They just need a little nudge. The Croup Family will be back on top in no time!