|關於an overview of flare gun models that appear in the Fallout series of games，參見flare gun。|
这是一种短枪管的后膛装填式单发武器，它的主要作用是发射信号弹,can also be used as a weapon.这种武器的弹道是一道弧线， and can be used for long-range indirect fire when aimed outside of V.A.T.S. 打到敌人上信号弹會造成火焰傷害for a short time.
它对于那些天生畏火的生物（比如死亡爪和夜枭）有着很好的喝阻效果，在一颗信号弹黏在身上时这些生物会因为惊慌而胡乱逃跑, but will resume their normal behavior once extinguished. 要是玩家正好挡在他们逃跑的路上，they will not attack while on fire.信号枪對他們的杀伤力不大, don't rely on it too much.
The flare gun is an improved holdout weapon.
- Abominations frightened by the effects of the flare gun include deathclaws, centaurs, night stalkers, and tunnelers.
- Firing the flare gun at Mr. House results in the "The abomination panics and flees!" message, but nothing else happens, as Mr. House is unable to move.
- Several marked men who have the gun on them are scripted to fire the gun towards the sky, suggesting that they are trying to signal for help from other marked men. Otherwise, the flare gun used by them will be used to attack the player.
Behind the scenes
- The object effect is named "Burninate All the Peoples," a reference to Strong Bad's Trogdor song in Homestar Runner.
- A flare gun is a real tool used in many careers, such as many jobs in law enforcement, and in some military installations. It is used mostly as a warning sign, or a sign for help, despite its in-game use as a weapon.
- The in-game model is closely based on (though not identical to) the real life S.A.M.T. Torino Mod. 00 flare gun from 1941, as indicated by the stamp visible on its frame just above the trigger.