It is used in the construction of the following items:
- Bottlecap mine
- Powder charge
- Fat Mine
- Gas bomb
- Auto-inject stimpak
- Auto-inject super stimpak
- Satchel charge
- Sensor modules are a moderately common item throughout the Capital Wasteland. They can reliably be found in toolboxes, metal boxes, and sometimes in the inventory of "miscellaneous" vendors like Crazy Wolfgang, Knick Knack, Karl, and Seagrave Holmes.
- 11 can be found on shelves and counters in Franklin Metro utility's west section.
- Ten are in the Warrington station area: four on a shelf next to a bed in the northeast area of Warrington tunnels, and four can be stolen from behind a bed on the bottom shelf in Roy Phillips' sleeping quarters. Two more are in a crate on a bookshelf in the Metro Access & Generator, in the room where Roy dumps the bodies of Tenpenny Tower residents if siding with him during that quest.
- Seven can be found in the RobCo facility. In the factory floor section: three are on desks northwest of the entrance, one is across from the workbench, and one is on a shelf near three protectron charging stations in the northwest. In the offices and cafeteria section: one is on a table in the northwest corner, and one is on a table in the room northeast of the mainframe.
- Six can be found in the Robot repair center: two on a shelf next to a first aid kit, three nearby the shelves filled with metal boxes (one on the floor), and one next to a computer terminal upstairs.
- Five can be found in the County sewer mainline. One is near the terminal used to access the sewer management main room, next to a Big Book of Science. Two more are in the room to the east of that one, on a shelf. Two are in a crate in the room where Gallo resides, next to the Nuka-cola stools.
- Five can be stolen from Pinkerton's lab in the broken bow.
- Old Olney underground: two in large pots in the kitchen area next to the Olney sewers exit, and one in the utility section nearby one of the workbenches. Three in
- Pilgrim's Landing area: two on the L-shaped desk in the Naval recruiting center, one in Homestead Motel room 1G, and one in the motel office, on the bottom shelf opposite the cash register. Four are in the
- Point Lookout Lighthouse interior: one on the ground beneath the stairs, and one at the top of the stairs. One is also part of the loot in the St. Aubin medical facility given as a reward for completing A Meeting of the Minds. Two are in the
- cryo lab beneath the cryo pods in the middle of the map (one on a shelf, two in a white box). One is in the engineering core, on a crate in the northeast corner of the main hub. Four are found in Mothership Zeta: three in the
Fallout: New Vegas
- One can be found in Goodsprings on a shelf in a trailer behind the general store.
- More than a dozen can be found at Cerulean Robotics in Freeside.
- Five can be stolen from Novac on shelves outside the gas station.
- Two can be found in the Lone Wolf Radio trailer.
- The basement of the REPCONN test site contains a large number of sensor modules.
- Two can be found inside the Vault 21 gift shop, on a shelf to the right of the entrance.
- One may be found in Bruce Isaac's room on the top floor of the Dino Dee-lite Motel on the table.
- Four can be found in the mess hall & munitions storage hangar at Nellis Air Force Base, on a shelf near the reloading benches.
- Occasionally sold by Johnson Nash, Chet, Old Lady Gibson, traveling merchants as well as others.
- Sarah Weintraub in the Vault 21 gift shop sells them regularly.
- The Outcast Collection Agent
- Getting Ready for Prime Time
Fallout: New Vegas
- ED-E My Love
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans