|“||Humans will prevail.||”|
—President Dick Richardson, Fallout 2
Humans (Homo sapiens) are the dominant species of Earth. In the post–apocalyptic age, "human" is more specifically used to denote those that have been more-or-less unaffected by radiation as opposed to mutants like ghouls and super mutants, even though said mutant types originate from humans. Non–mutated humans are sometimes called normals, smoothskins or bleeders by their mutant counterparts.
Despite the existence of various mutations, humans are still the most common humanoid creatures on Earth. Post-nuclear humans, as a direct result of the radiation and exposition to the F.E.V. of the West Tek Research Facility (that mutated after the Great War due to radiation), and some other biochemical agents released into the environment during and after the Great War, exhibit more diversity, primarily in genetic structure. The aforementioned factors have resulted in an increased rate of mutations in humans, although very few of these result in phenotypical changes. Most of these changes are non-lethal, non-damaging variations in the human DNA that simply increase the gene pool variety. Also, humans with minor mutations, like additional toes, skin lesions due to TDC infection, permanent red eyes, permanent varicose veins or complete lack of hair, are still considered to be normal humans.
Pure and prime humans编辑
Template:See also "Pure" humans, or "prime normals" are theoretically humans which have not been mutated unnaturally by radiation or other post-War pollutants. They can be said to be original humans, no different than those from before the War. However, because of the widespread and pervasive fallout in the wasteland, these represent a very small minority of all sentient species on Earth. They exist only in isolated factions, such as in remote areas untouched by radiation, such as the underground vaults. Some vaults, opening after the radiation has faded, can produce tribes which can be said to be pure, such as the Boomers.
All of these variations have been uniquely interpreted by the Enclave leadership as basis for claiming that the humans living outside the Enclave and isolated vaults are no longer pure; rather, that they are, in fact, "near-humans" that pose a threat to the supposedly "pure" humanity living in the aforementioned locations. This theory, based in the claims of Dick Richardson and John Henry Eden is relatively vague in fact: debate remains whether these genetic variations are considerable enough to substantiate a new subspecies of human, or even if the differences exist at all. In a possible ending of Fallout 3, however, it is shown that all non-Enclave persons are eradicated, giving credit to the theory. It is also claimed by the super mutants that humans not exposed to radiation (those located in vaults) will transform into superior mutants when exposed to FEV, as opposed to wasteland humans, also lending credence to the aforementioned theory.
Likewise, humans are the only race to have been seen reverting to a primitive age. The most notable example of this are tribals that have developed their own culture; having distinct beliefs and superstitions, religious rituals, customs and even their own unique languages in some cases. They also often bear tattoos as one of their traditions, commonly practiced to implicate an important, symbolic meaning to the tribe or the human.
These mutants have identical or near-identical phenotypes compared to normal humans, and most of their differences are distinctly positive, if still unnatural, evolutions.
- Cyborgs, humans who have been modified with robotic components to gain enhanced abilities.
- Radiation immune humans, an adaptation of the human species from several centuries worth of radiation exposure. Most radiation immune humans likely do not realize they are immune to ionization (no radiation sickness or ghoulification) as they've been taught by others to avoid it at all costs, but those that have sometimes ascribe it to a divine blessing. Others are scientifically studied in order to cure or vaccinate against certain environmental conditions.
These forms of mutant are more drastically different both physically and in usual personality from normal humans compared to the above, lesser deviations. They are often thought of and treated as altogether separate species from humanity by some.
- 尸鬼：由于长期或者短期高剂量辐射使得身体结构，外貌和嗓音发生了不可逆转的变化，但仍然保持理智与思维。与人类相比，尸鬼及其长寿可以说是长生不老。They are sterile and immune to the lethal effects of radiation but not to its degenerative effects. "Normal" ghouls retain more–or–less standard human personalities and cognitive abilities, while feral ghouls, who do not, are considered sub–humans and covered below.
- Mariposa super mutants, former humans subjected to forced evolution via FEV-II from the Mariposa Military Base in California. They are much taller, bulkier and more muscular than humans, have mostly green, gray, or yellowish skin, are immune to disease and radiation, and are gifted with superhuman strength and endurance. Although they are completely sterile, the rapid regeneration of their cells caused by FEV makes them virtually biologically immortal (but not immune to death from injury). The more previous radiation exposure a human has sustained, the more of a chance their transformation into a super mutant has to either fail, killing them, or work less–than–optimally, making them more likely to be brutal and less intelligent. Most super mutants have turned out short of the Master's ideal due to this, and only a handful of them possess intelligence to match their strength and make them truly superior to normal humans.
- 三代合成人：由学院制造的第三代合成人，除了脑部有合成人芯片以外，与人类毫无区别，甚至具有一定能量抗性，总体上是略优于人类Generation 3 synths represent the pinnacle of synth technology, being virtually indistinguishable from natural-born humans down to the cellular level. Each Gen 3 synth is built from lab-grown bones, muscles and other tissues that are assembled and brought to life at the Institute's Robotics lab, and are "born" with the bodies and mental faculties of full-grown adult humans.
以下的条目全部涉及由于种种原因而产生了较大变化，因此只能称之为人形生物的生物，with only occasional individual exceptions.
- Mothership Zeta (add-on) 突变人是被泽塔星人绑架了的人类经过实验导致的悲惨生物。They have lost all sexual characteristics and higher brain functions. 他们对一切生物充满敌意。
- 87避难所超级变种人的来历正是FEV病毒in Vault 87 in the Capital Wasteland。与西海岸相比，东海岸超级变种人的平均智力更低，且通常敌视其他生物，but both share the general terminology of "super mutant" due to physical similarity. Like their counterparts, these mutants have yellowish skin and large, muscular bodies, but are also more innately aggressive, unintelligent and brutish. Also, their facial expression is permanently set in a sneer. Unlike Mariposa super mutants, their mutation is continuous and unremitting, and they continue to "evolve" and grow up slowly over time through stages, up to the nine–meter super mutant behemoths. 只有二个例外in 2277，就是福克斯 and Uncle Leo, are known to have kept their human sanity and intelligence.
- 联邦超级变种人是学院一手制造的。While just as aggressive as the Vault 87 strain, they are capable of some intelligence, as they forge armor for themselves and gather in large groups to raid human settlements. While similar to the West Coast and Vault 87 breeds, the Brotherhood of Steel note they are "quite different" from those found in the Capital Wasteland, including differences in anatomy. There are quite a large number of them in 2287, such as Strong, and Erickson in the Far Harbor add-on. These two are known to have kept their human sanity and intelligence. ，最典型的例子就是维吉尔，如果老冰棍能为他找回血清他可以变回人类。
- 发光种, ghouls who have absorbed an unusually high amount of radiation into their bloodstream and muscle tissue without their neurological systems filtering these particles from the blood and tissue, 浑身冒着黄绿色的荧光 ghoul, living conduits of radiation, which can even persist for a short time after death. Glowing onesGenerally mindless and thus considered a sub–type to feral ghouls, 到了发光种这一阶段还能够保持理智的至少有两个人，杰森·布莱特和特异奥斯瓦尔德。
- Lonesome Road (add-on) 烙印者们本来是驻扎在大裂谷的NCR士兵和前来袭击的军团士兵，猛烈的核子风暴剥开了他们的皮肤，This horrific process kept them alive and in intense pain from their wounds, which would have killed even "ordinary" ghouls. They are kept alive only by the radiation of the Divide, which now heals their warped bodies, and 对同类之外的一切保持敌对。
- Dead Money 马德雷赌场的红雾有毒而诡异，当他们渗入防护服，就造就了令人毛骨悚然的鬼人。The resulting vicious creatures boast heightened perception, agility, extreme longevity, fire immunity, virtual immortality and death with limb amputation caused by a universal mutation from which everything is connected. The suits of the ghost people have become permanently bonded to their bodies, and it is impossible to see what they look like on the inside, but it is heavily implied that their mutations are among the most horrific ever witnessed in the Fallout universe.
- Old World Blues (add-on) 无脑人就是没有脑子的实验体，被大山脉丧心病狂的科学家们摘掉了脑子，显然没有特斯拉线圈的他们是没有智力的。Their head cannot be crippled, and they have a better chem addiction resistance and receive less shock from bodily damage, but they are unable to talk (the only noises that they make are short grunts, such as "stop you" or "kill") or have a normal conscience. It also appears that the Tesla coils allow them to have a relatively long life, since a lobotomite called Test Subject 1, probably the first lobotomite created in Big MT, is still alive in 2281.
- Robobrains (military alphanumeric serial numbers RB-3928) are multi-purpose robots. Their memories and programs are stored inside an organic or partially organic brain, contained in a domed shell atop their chassis. They are considered intuitively superior to most robots, as human brains allow them a wider range of responses and functions. Their hands can operate most tools and weapons usable by humans.
- 孢子携带者，感染了Beauveria Mordicana成为会传播孢子的生物，Once the entomopathogenic fungus has fully colonized a host body, the host technically dies, but the body continues to move by means of the fungal colonies within it. In this manner the fungus moves amongst more of its prey, occasionally spraying spores in a radius around the host body, infecting all who come near it.
- The Pitt (add-on) 穴居人，长期在黑暗的地方生存and fear the light，他们现在失去了理智，have entered the terminal stage of the Troglodyte Degeneration Contagio。
- Point Lookout (add-on) 沼泽人，由于combined New Plague infection, inbreeding and ionizing radiation渐渐变得畸形。
- Scorched, humans who have been infested with the Scorched Plague, which has erased their individual consciousnesses and linked them to a primitive hive mind.
- Mole miners, humans that mutated within their miner suits leading to shorter stature and aggression in most cases, with exceptions such as Purveyor Murmrgh.
- Wendigos, humans that mutated into violent cannibalistic monsters.
- Grafton monsters, humans that were test subjects during FEV experimentation and have transformed into large, gray creatures with non-distinct heads.
In Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4,Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 76 the player can only embody a human character. Fallout Tactics allowed the player to control other races (see Fallout Tactics races), even though the player could only start as a human and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is the only Fallout game allowing players to choose a ghoul as the principal player character.
Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: Tactics编辑
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4编辑
Human non-player characters suffer extra damage from headshots both in V.A.T.S. and in free-fire mode. They prioritize their targets according to the weapons they carry. Any grenades the non-player characters carry can be detonated with a well-placed shot.
Shooting the enemy's weapons is a very effective way of disarming humanoids, as the weapons they carry are often of inferior quality requiring only a few shots, and their hand-to-hand damage is negligible. This does not apply to enemies using Unarmed weapons.
Fallout: The Board Game编辑
Human players will start with either a weapon or a piece of armor at the beginning of the game. Humans do not gain any bonus or advantage during gameplay. Human enemies in the game are weakest to leg attacks and body attacks, and almost always drop loot.