|For the vehicle appearing in Fallout 4, see Zip (Fallout 4).|
Zip was born in 2268 and acts as one of the occasional scouts and scavengers for Little Lamplight, which perfectly suits his speedy and hyperactive nature. As a bonus, it allows him to have first dibs on any Nuka-Cola he can find, a drink he's quite addicted to. When he's not out finding resources for the town, he runs around town, pestering people and generally being feisty. MacCready insists that Zip doesn't get to keep his gun when he's back in town, at least not since that accident a while ago.
He isn't sure why he is called Zip. In his own words, "Why Zip? Or why do I have a nickname at all? I mean, why don't people just call me Ricky? Or Yancy? Or Eustace P. Vanderbanger the Third? People say it's because I'm so fast. But, I don't think I'm that fast, it's just they're all slow."
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
- Zip speaks at normal speed when the Lone Wanderer ends a conversation with him by telling him to "stay away."
- Sometimes, he will follow the Wanderer around Little Lamplight and will continually talk about Nuka-Cola.
- Though dialogue options specify giving Zip ice cold Nuka-Cola, regular Nuka-Cola will suffice.
- "My name's Zip. I don't think that's short for anything, because I don't know what it'd be short for. Zippy? Zipperick? Ziptholomew?"
- "Yay! Nuka-Cola, Nuka-Cola, makes a stomach bubbly and the world so jumbly, yay!"
- "I guess it's just one of those mysteries that'll never really get answered, sort of like how people made the bubbles in Nuka-Cola. Say, got any Cola?"
Zip appears only in Fallout 3.