Visibly it appears as a blue and yellow-colored metal gauntlet with an electrified plate wrapped around the fingers, which emits a burst of electricity when striking an object. A critical hit emits a more powerful blast. Its electrical nature makes this weapon especially effective against robots and (to a lesser degree) enemies clad in most forms of power armor.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||140||20||7||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||77||20||3.85||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The zap glove can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
+20 Power armor
+20 Power armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Can be sold by Blake, Quartermaster Bardon, Mick, Miguel, and the Great Khan armorer.
- Hidden Valley - Can be found on Brotherhood of Steel initiates, who wield it. Elder McNamara may also be seen wearing one. In addition, multiple scribes carry them.
- Despite a small energy cell being clearly visible in the glove, it does not require any ammunition.
- The zap glove and its special variant, the Paladin Toaster, can be used to destroy securitrons and other robots usually in one punch, even without a critical hit, making it very useful for a player who is focused on Unarmed weapons.
Behind the scenes
Sometime before release, zap gloves, as well as many other unarmed weapons, were supposed to use energy cells as ammunition, but it wasn't supported by the game engine and there was not enough time for implementation.
- Fallout 3 version of the power fist, despite the game files containing a specific icon for this weapon. [verified] The zap glove uses the same icon as the
- Sometimes repairing the zap glove with another one will cause them both to disappear. [verified]
- Paladin Toaster, will not do reduced EMP damage against Big MT robots. Additionally, the weapons will not do any EMP damage against Cyberdogs found in the Big MT. [verified] The zap glove, along with the
- [verification overdue] The zap glove can sometimes glitch out after being confiscated by NPCs while it is equipped, resulting in the part with the pistons disappearing, though the strap on the fist will not be changed. This can be fixed by re-equipping the glove.