Z2-47 is an Institute Courser, designed for high-risk assault and retrieval operations above ground. In 2287, he is tasked with retrieving a Gen 3 synth; designation K1-98. K1, however, was captured by a group of Gunners and taken to their base at Greenetech Genetics. This did not stop the ruthless Courser as he charged into the facility; killing a large number of Gunners in his way until he reached the synth.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
If one opens the security door before engaging Z2-47, he will thank the player character and ask for a moment before using the recall code. From here he engages the player character in dialogue beginning with, "Are you here for the synth?" exactly the same as if K1-98 had not been freed prior to engagement.
- Prior to the quest, one can get the reset codes from one of Mama Murphy's visions. Using the code during the conversation before the combat starts will result in deactivation and there will be no need for any combat.
- Like all Coursers, Z2 will utilize Stealth Boys while in combat, making using V.A.T.S. difficult.
- Power armor equipped with a targeting HUD helmet modification, however, can lock onto him and allow the use of V.A.T.S.
- Z2-47 can be tracked by any gun with a recon scope mod attached, but only if he is tagged before he engages his Stealth Boy.
- Companions will attack him, even with the Stealth Boy active.
Z2-47 appears only in Fallout 4.