Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
If one opens the security door before engaging Z2-47, he will thank the player character and ask for a moment before using the recall code. From here he engages the player character in dialogue beginning with, "Are you here for the synth?" exactly the same as if K1-98 had not been freed prior to engagement.
- Prior to the quest, one can get the reset codes from one of Mama Murphy's visions. Using the code during the conversation before the combat starts will result in deactivation and there will be no need for any combat.
- Like all coursers, Z2 will utilize Stealth Boys while in combat, making using V.A.T.S. difficult.
- Power armor equipped with a targeting HUD helmet modification, however, can lock onto him and allow the use of V.A.T.S.
- Z2-47 can be tracked by any gun with a recon scope mod attached, but only if he is tagged before he engages his Stealth Boy.
- Companions will attack him, even with the Stealth Boy active.
- The character is mentioned in Fallout: Wasteland Warfare.
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare | Institute: Institute Covert Operations: "One of the foremost experts in Synth retrieval and elimination is Z2-47, presenting as a human male of stocky build and short brown hair. His infiltration missions are legendary in their completion rates (and often kill counts). Z2-47 has been known to cut down waves of enemies in his pursuit of a single target, sometimes killing hundreds if they get in his way, all for the chance to eliminate even one rogue synth."