Ymir and his son Jotun work as slavers for Eulogy Jones in Paradise Falls. Ymir is a jovial madman armed with a super sledge. Notably in his interactions with others in the compound, Ymir does not like Frank and will make this extremely clear by murdering Frank for making a mistake with his drink.[Non-canon 1]
Ymir is the father of Jotun.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger upon death (Lawbringer).|
Effects of player's actions
- When the Lone Wanderer has gained access to Paradise Falls without fighting their way in, Ymir can be found when entering the "food section" inside Paradise Falls. The first time going there, he will probably be seen arguing with the bartender, which results in the bartender getting himself killed. Talking to Ymir while he is in the argument can result in Ymir just walking away after finishing the conversation. This keeps the bartender alive. There are no assets or drawbacks to either option. If the Lone Wanderer asks Ymir for his reasoning, he claims the bartender had been watering down drinks so as to encourage patrons to pay for more.
- Killing Ymir will immediately turn all slavers in Paradise Falls hostile.
- A conversation between Ymir and Jotun can occur, with Ymir praising his son (in his drunken state) and hoping he will become the greatest slaver ever. Jotun becomes very embarrassed by this.
- He is one of only nine named characters in the base game to have "Very Evil" Karma.
- "Why would the past matter when now is so good?"
- "He put water in my vodka to make more caps from me. Make the drink weak and try to charge me more! Maybe the next bartender, he won't be so stupid, eh? HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- "Wasn't he, though! I am proud of him! You'd swear he was a professional drunk, just like his dad!"
Ymir appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
In Norse mythology, Ymir was the founder of the race of jötunn and was an important figure in Norse mythology. Ymir's body was used to create Midgard, the earth at the center of Ginnungagap.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information|
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.103: "Ymir
Ymir and his son Jotun are Paradise Falls's pair of knuckleheads. Jotun has difficulty forming basic sentences, while his father is a jovial madman, armed with a horrific-looking Super Sledge, like his son's. Ymir isn't fond of Frank the bartender and makes this abundantly clear by bludgeoning Frank to death. He loves drinking, fighting, and drinking some more, rounding a day off with a spot of fighting."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)