In the year 2277, Sapling Yew is a bright young girl found living in Oasis. She is the closest thing to a friend Harold has. Most notably because she is the only one of the Treeminders that really listens to him.
Yew was born in 2269. She is the only child of the Oasis village leaders, Tree Father Birch and Leaf Mother Laurel. Eight-year-old Sapling Yew divides her time among several activities, including eating and sleeping in her family's quarters, playing and gardening in the village with her mother. She also loves to play in the grove, climbing on and around the god-spirit, and fiddling with her bear charm.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Oasis: If one passes a Speech check with her before fulfilling Harold's death wish, she will give them Yew's bear charm when the Lone Wanderer next speaks with her after the resolution of the quest. Speaking to her with a high enough Speech skill or the Child at Heart perk will also allow one to learn that Harold is afraid of fire.
- If the player character becomes hostile with the inhabitants of Oasis (by attacking them or Harold), Sapling Yew will vanish from the game.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- "Sometimes I even curl up all cozy like and sleep next to his roots after I have a bad dream."
- "Yeah, I think you're pretty swell for someone from Out There! And... and you were really nice to me too. I was gonna give this to my bestest friend Harold, but he doesn't have pockets, the silly-head! This is a charm that my parents gave me for my fifth birthday. It's really neat! Take it!"
- "Awww, I never knew an Outsider could be scared of anything! Harold told me that he's scared of fire. If fire ever got on him, it would burn him and Bob until they were all gone. That's why we keep the fires far away from him."
Sapling Yew appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yew is the common name for genus Taxus, a type of tree and with "sapling" meaning a young tree. All of the human residents in Oasis have horticultural names.