Yearling was born in 2247. A 30-year-old scribe assigned to the Archives, Yearling has been transferred to a mission to gather pre-War knowledge from the wasteland. She is young, friendly, and the polar opposite of Scribe Rothchild. She's very dedicated and tends to be a bit shy.
Following multiple disagreements and arguments with her superior Scribe Jameson, at the Citadel, Yearling was transferred to her current post at the Arlington Library. She was assigned the task of collecting data and knowledge from pre-War texts. Data collected is then to be shipped back to headquarters for preservation in the Brotherhood's archives, administered to by Scribe Jameson.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actionsEdit
She will completely ignore the Wanderer if they insult the Brotherhood, and will order them to leave the library.
- "The collected knowledge of a lost age is worth far more than any weapon. Do not underestimate the power of the written word."
- "If nothing else, I admire your commitment to your chosen focus. But, to the point: My task here is to collect the written works of those who came before in order to supplement the Brotherhood archives. Although most of the pre-war books have been destroyed, there are a few that have survived. But finding a book in the ruins is... difficult. So, return here with any books that you find and I will reward you for them. With money. Because that's what you like."
- "Good. My task here is to collect the written works of those who came before in order to supplement the Brotherhood Archives at the Citadel. Although most of the pre-war books have been destroyed, there are a few that have survived. But finding a book in these ruins is... difficult. I could have a million Initiates to comb the ruins, and I'd still never come close to recovering every book that remains undamaged."
Scribe Yearling appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yearling's name and her job of collecting books may be a reference to Yearling Books, an imprint of the publishing company Random House.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
- ↑ DLC03Bigsley.txt: "Then I found myself among the Quills. Jameson refuses to accept any fact that conflicts with her rose colored optimistic views. She likes to assign "contradictory" personalities to "field operations." Take for example myself here, or Yearling, exiled to that accursed library."
- ↑ Scribe Jameson mention Yearling as belonging to the Order of the Quill
- ↑ In the French version of the game, Yearling introduce herself as a senior scribe of the Order of the Quill