Yakuza are known as the pre-War Japanese mafia. Nowadays, the descendants of the Yakuza are around New Reno, perpetuating the tradition of their expertise in swordplay and throwing weapons. They have no known headquarters and travel in small bands, fighting against New Reno's mobsters and scouting the Wasteland around New Reno, never succeeding in entering into the city. Following the war, the Yakuza seems to have diverted from their traditional bushido code, with many members remarking on how they would prefer dishonor through fleeing than an honorable death.
Interactions with the playerEdit
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.||
|This character has a talking head.|
- The Yakuza are quite strong in melee as well as ranged combat, which can be great trouble even when wearing decent armor.
- A wakizashi is a unique sword that can only be obtained from killed Yakuza members.
- "Killing is an art form." – Common Yakuza motto
- "Life and death are the same."
- "Die with honor!"
- "It is your karma to die."
- "Fleeing is dishonorable. Dying would be worse."
- "Better a live coward than a dead hero."
The Yakuza appear only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Yakuza in Fallout 2 are based on a real world group of the same name, this Yakuza being a transnational organized crime syndicate originating in Japan.