X-66 Hexcrete archipelago is a location in Big MT in 2281. It is directly north of the Z-38 lightwave dynamics research station, southeast of the X-13 research facility and west of Z-43 innovative toxins plant.
Layout[edit | edit source]
It is made up of large hexagonal structures sticking upright from the ground, ranging in height from shorter than the Courier to several stories tall. There is also a pool of radioactive liquid that emits 1 rad per second. Two packs of night stalkers spawn to the south and east, in range to attack. In addition, its proximity to the X-13 research facility means that any robo-scorpions guarding it will attack the player character when venturing north from the location.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A bedroll is located just southwest of the map marker. A duffle bag and camera are next to it with a skeleton.
- There does not appear to be an entrance to the structure or purpose for the location other than a fast travel point.
- Multiple Y-17 trauma override harnesses can be found roaming the area.
- The pipes surrounding the area are riddled with frag mines.
- A cut ending to Old World Blues would have said: "Goodsprings was crushed beneath bizarre hexcrete blocks that stacked to the sky." However, this still does not explain what the blocks do.