It is one of the many special antennas used to make the radar-guided repulsive field around the Big Mountain Research and Development Center, and for the transmissions of the X-2 array. When used as a weapon it focuses brainwave patterns and does electrical damage, causing extra damage to robots and power armor users.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Pain Frequency outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The X-2 antenna can successfully strike about 620 times from full condition before breaking.
- The X-2 transmitter antenna array can be found on top of the satellite dish.
- It is needed for the quest X-2: Strange Transmissions!, but is not a quest item and can be dropped right after obtaining it, as the blue print is already transferred to Dr. Klein.
- If your Strength level does not meet the recommended level for this weapon (7), then the attack speed of the antenna is painfully slow, and could possibly make it the slowest weapon in the game, regardless of the fact that the super sledge is 5 lbs heavier than it and attacks faster.
- As an EMP melee weapon, it is relatively powerful against machines like robo-scorpions, which it often knocks back with each hit.