| ||For an overview of wrench types in all games, see wrench.|
A common grey metallic wrench, generally used for (un)bolting nuts.
In Fallout 3, a wrench can be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition. Unlike in Fallout 2, it cannot be used to repair anything or as a weapon in itself. In Fallout: New Vegas, a wrench can be combined with other components to create a weapon repair kit, including one roll of duct tape, one wonderglue, one scrap electronics, and two scrap metal. Prior to patch 1.02, the recipe required an additional one scrap metal, one wonderglue, and one wrench.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
There are over 370 guaranteed locations for the wrench, often near workbenches. They may also be found as random loot.
- The first wrench to be found is next to Floyd Lewis in Vault 101 during Escape!.
- 17 can be found on the factory floor of the Red Racer factory.
- 15 are scattered around Meresti Metro station.
- 15 are in Evergreen Mills bazaar.
- 11 can be found on the RobCo facility factory floor.
- 10 are in the utility tunnels beneath the White House.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- 30 wrenches in the basement of the REPCONN test site.
- 13 wrenches can be stolen from the Nellis hangars and respawn there when the bomber is brought in.
- Big MT. Found all over
- Six in the solar collection tower at HELIOS One.
- Six on the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters' factory floor.
- Five in Vault 3's recreation area.
- Occasionally dropped by Powder Gangers and prospectors.
- Occasionally sold by Chet at Goodsprings General Store.
- A few in the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse.
- Two in the maintenance shack at the Southern Nevada Wind Farm.
- A few can be stolen from the gas station area near Novac.