Layout[edit | edit source]
The location consists of the wreck of a Chryslus Highwayman, with the remains of such sinking into the ground. As of 2281, only the trunk of the car is visible. A footlocker can be found within the open trunk, containing random loot in addition to microfusion cells, energy cells, some scrap metal, and a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - In the trunk.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The wrecked Highwayman appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The idea to place a wrecked Highwayman in Van Buren and subsequently New Vegas came from Joshua Sawyer. It is a direct reference to the Chosen One's Highwayman in Fallout 2. The energy weapon ammunition in the trunk is a nod to the common practice of storing such items as spare Highwayman fuel in Fallout 2.
- The wrecked Highwayman that was supposed to appear in Van Buren would have had a trunk full of microfusion cells and a Tanker FOB.
- Chris Avellone also expanded upon this stating it was just the trunk, reflecting the bug commonly seen in Fallout 2.
- Upon finding the wrecked Highwayman, "Gold Slouch" from the Fallout 2 soundtrack will begin to play.
- Despite the fact that the car is labeled as a Highwayman, the vehicle more closely resembles a Corvega.