The vessel is accessible from a series of makeshift staircases from an overhead bridge. It is also possible to access the location by swimming up to the ship through the irradiated river. There are two beds in the cabin on the ship, one additional bed inside an opened shipping crate upon the barge, and a cooking station on the deck.
- Wasteland Survival Guide issue #1 - In the ship's main cabin on a table with a lantern and some jet.
- Mini nuke - In some rubble on the deck level of the tugboat, at the portside bow.
- Raider power armor - Randomly generated parts on one of the raiders.
- If the raiders at this location have not been dealt with before starting the quest Diamond City Blues, there is a chance that they will pick a fight with the Triggermen, Trish and Nelson Latimer, interrupting the quest.
- The raiders occupying the USS Riptide seem to speak a Scandinavian language.
The wreck of the USS Riptide appears only in Fallout 4.