A workbench is a world object utilized in crafting.
Workbenches found throughout the Mojave Wasteland are utility stations. They facilitate crafting homemade weapons and explosives from various junk items. Most workbenches have tools on the work surface or lower shelf.
Along with the crafting of weapons, workbenches also enable the creation of health items, weapon repair kits, the recycling of residual expended flame and energy ammunition into fresh ammunition, and the conversion of energy ammunition into other types of energy ammunition, and their variants. Workbenches are joined by reloading benches and campfires, with each offering different crafting options.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker - In Elijah's old room, next to a reloading bench.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - Inside on the left, along with a reloading bench.
- Cerulean Robotics - Next to a reloading bench and the protectron for the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Next to the building southeast of the water tower.
- REPCONN test site - One is in the launchpad viewing room with Chris Haversam, in the basement.
- Goodsprings General Store - On the right side (exterior), along with a reloading bench.
- Gun Runners - Three of them are inside the main warehouse, where workers are constructing weapons.
- Harper's shack - West of Ranger Station Charlie.
- Hidden Valley bunker, L2 - In the east workshop, where Senior Knight Lorenzo works.
- Lucky 38 presidential suite - One can be bought from the PC at the Lucky 38 presidential suite. It will be placed in the kitchen.
- Michael Angelo's workshop - Three workbenches are in the workshop.
- Nellis Air Force Base - East in the workshop, the middle of three small hangars. with a reloading bench.
- NCR Correctional Facility - To the left after exiting visitors center, courtyard side.
- Nipton - One can be found in Nipton in the house with the Mister Gutsy prototype, east of Nipton Town Hall.
- Novac - One is in the Poseidon gas station garage, another just slightly southwest of No-bark's shack, and another can be found in Gibson scrap yard in the garage.
- Raul's shack
- REPCONN HQ - Two can be found in REPCONN HQ's Research Labs on the top floor.
- Silver Peak Mine - Inside the shack before entering the mine itself, to the left of the door.
- Sloan - Machine shop, on the left side.
- Southern Nevada Wind Farm - In the maintenance shack.
- Veronica - Can act as a workbench through dialogue options.
- ED-E - Can also act as a workbench if Lonesome Road is installed.
- Villa - In a room under an awning on the north side of the Villa, northwest of the entrance to Salida del Sol; the room is just west of a metal gate.
- Villa clinic - In the basement.
- Sierra Madre Casino & Resort - In the Executive suites level. South of entering level but must walk around to unlock the door.
- Sierra Madre Casino & Resort - In the Cantina Madrid. On the right after entering from the casino back hall.
- Cueva Guarache - After Joshua Graham leaves his original campsite at Angel cave, this is one of the few workbench sites in Zion Canyon.
- Stone Bones cave - One of the northernmost caves in Zion Canyon, this bench is located northwest of the cave's entrance, along with a reloading bench. The fast travel entrance is heavily trapped, so proceed with caution when first arriving.
Old World Blues
- The Sink - In the room with the Sink Central Intelligence Unit.
- X-13 research facility - X-13 Stealth Testing Lab, in the observation area of the northernmost room.
- Y-17 medical facility - Opposite the entrance.
- Securitron de-construction plant - Against the southern wall behind a conveyor belt.
- X-8 research center - After exiting the Institutional Test Facility and traveling through an observational corridor, in a room off to the right, just before the Central Facility exit.
- X-2 transmitter antenna array - In the east corner of the second floor.
- Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab - In the southernmost room, on the east wall.
- Hopeville Missile Base - Near the west entrance inside the gas station, identifiable by a Ralphie poster above it.
- Ashton missile silo - On the top floor, in the southernmost corner, in the same room as one of the destroyed eyebots, behind a large door that can only be opened with a Very Hard terminal.