A cheap and plentiful material made from trees, wood is the most plentiful crafting material, along with steel, found in-game and is a component used in crafting to make various items, including weapon modifications and structures. It is also used in almost all custom settlement structures, especially floors, and thus can become scarce if used too carelessly, especially since after the initial settlement scrapping there are no more ways to obtain large quantities in a short time.
Miscellaneous objects (see below)
Wood (amount varies)
|Anchorage veteran's flag||2||3||0.67|
|Blast Radius board game||2||1||2|
|Desktop picture frame||2||1||2|
|League bowling pin||2||3||0.67|
|Tabletop picture frame||2||1||2|
|Test tube rack||2||1||2|
|Trifold American flag||2||3||0.67|
|Shipment of 50 units||50||0||∞|
|Shipment of 100 units||100||0||∞|
|Shipment of 250 units||250||0||∞|
|Wooden block - B & Y||1||0.1||10|
|Wooden block - I & D||1||0.1||10|
|Wooden block - V & F||1||0.1||10|
- The largest quantity that can be obtained within one settlement is Spectacle Island. Scrapping all wooden objects will yield well over 3500 wood.
- A sizable amount of wood can initially be obtained at most settlements by scrapping trees, stumps, branch piles, and wooden fences.
- You can get a fair amount of wood by scrapping bowling pins, that can be found in Back Alley Bowling at General Atomics Galleria and Beaver Creek Lanes on The Island.
- Weapons that can be purchased and scrapped for wood include canes, rolling pins, double barrel shotguns, hunting rifles, and combat shotguns. The yield of wood depends on the modifications applied to the weapons. Additionally, some vendors will carry shipments of wood:
- Supervisor Greene at Graygarden and Connie Abernathy at Abernathy farm both sell shipments of 50 units of wood.
- Moe Cronin in Diamond City sells shipments of 100 units of wood.
- Trudy at Drumlin Diner sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Myrna at Diamond City Surplus sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Rufus Rubins in Goodneighbor sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Daisy in Goodneighbor sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Deb in Bunker Hill sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Alexis Combes in Vault 81 sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Settlers working at trading posts can sell shipments of wood.
- Cora outside of Nuka-World sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Katelyn Alden at the Nuka-Town market sells shipments of 250 units of wood.
- Shelbie Chase at the Nuka-Town market sells shipments of 250 units of wood.