Winthrop is Underworld's technician. He checks on the electricity, makes sure any plumbing is in working order, and generally takes care of everything maintenance-wise. He restored and reprogrammed the robot Cerberus, and is responsible for its maintenance. Winthrop sleeps for a few hours in his little workshop off the concourse and is occasionally joined by his friend Greta.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 54|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
- This Old House: Due to a steadily declining supply of resources, Winthrop will trade the Lone Wanderer one stimpak, RadAway, or Rad-X in exchange for every five pieces of scrap metal. With a high enough Strength, he can be threatened into handing over ten stimpaks for free. After this, he will refuse to speak with the Lone Wanderer again.
- "Smoothskin? You know, because your skin is so smooth... and tasty..."
- "Now tell me, how is it that you ended up down here in Ghoul central without knowing what a Ghoul is? Huh? You know, never mind. I'm a Ghoul. Everyone down here: Ghouls. That's what we are. And before you ask "what's a Ghoul", lemme tell you. We're not the walking dead, despite the rotten flesh and the smell. We're mutants... sort of. At least, I think we are."
- "For every five bits of Scrap Metal you give me, I'll give you a Stimpak, some RadAway, or a dose of Rad-X. I need scrap, you need goods. We both win."
Winthrop appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide: GotY edition, page 103, under "Winthrop"