| ||For an overview of combat armor variants in all games, as well as background information, see combat armor.|
Modeled after the human silhouette, combat armors were designed to provide balanced protection without limiting user mobility. They are a diverse family of personal body armor with varying degrees of sophistication, ranging from the earliest iterations developed by the United States Army to the cutting-edge riot gears that came into use prior to the Great War.
It is nearly identical to winterized combat armor, except that the armor is less beat up and dented, it has different textured shoulder and shin plates, it has the medic symbol which appears on the armor's back and it is missing the balaclava and gloves. It has the same DR but is less durable and gives +10 to Medicine.
- Combat armor
- Ranger battle armor
- Rivet City security uniform
- Talon combat armor
- Tenpenny security uniform
- Lag-Bolt's combat armor
- Winterized combat armor
- Combat helmet
- Ranger battle helmet
- Rivet City security helmet
- Talon combat helmet
- Winterized combat helmet
Lootable from the bodies of Elliott Tercorien's squad members, or Elliott himself in the cryo lab. If Elliot dies, his squad will appear as mere wastelanders, and the two with winterized medic armor won't appear. This can also happen if most of the cryo lab is cleared out up until the encounter with Elliott's squad before recruiting him to follow you. This means the winterized medic helmet will no longer be available. Alternatively, one can reverse pickpocket a stronger set of armor on Elliot and take his winterized medic armor.
- The only medic present in Operation: Anchorage, Dr. Adami, does not wear any sort of armor at all. This could be because the armor is meant for field medics, rather than for medical workers around camps.
- The armor is 'cleaner' compared to the Wasteland armor, because the medics were taken when their armor was 'new'.