Williams is one of the only Enclave officers present at Raven Rock. He patrols the cell blocks in section 3A of the base. He may be ordered by President Eden to report to his commanding officer for reassignment, but he remains at his post for the duration of the Lone Wanderer's exploration.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The American Dream: Williams is the first Enclave official the player character encounters upon leaving their cell. The player character can pass by Williams by killing him, offering a 500 caps bribe or by passing a Charisma, Strength or Speech check. There are two Speech checks that grant passage, one leading to the player character claiming Eden summoned them, and the other is offering Williams a bribe but telling him to wait.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the player character passes the Speech check to have Williams wait while they retrieve a bribe for him, talking to him again will turn him hostile. Talking him into letting the Lone Wanderer pass with the other mentioned methods does not cause this.
- Killing Williams does not affect Eden's order to the other Enclave forces in the base to not attack the player character, and they will turn friendly as normal once the player character journeys deeper into the base. However, attacking him may cause other Enclave forces to arrive and attack before Eden relays the order.
- Williams is referred to as "Enclave Officer" when targeted. He is only named if the player character passes the Speech check to say Eden summoned them, in which case Williams contacts Eden and identifies himself before continuing.
- Williams will refer to the player character as "he" regardless of their gender.
- Passing the Charisma check makes him admit that he sometimes wears his uniform backward.
Lieutenant Williams appears only in Fallout 3.