A front engine bus previously owned by the Whitespring Resort. Compared to the more prevalent busses found in the region, the shuttle bus is smaller, with the engine situated at the front rather than underneath the seats. All shuttle buses contain a first aid kit, usually located behind the driver or on the rear passenger side.
While almost all shuttle buses have Whitespring livery, they were widely used across West Virginia by various entities, and are shown to be used for purposes ranging from shuttling skiers to moving military personal. A bus in the Crater is painted as a school bus.
There are 45 shuttle busses in Appalachia. Locations include:
- Several can be found around Sunnytop Ski Lanes and at the Sunnytop station.
- Several at Berkeley Springs.
- Several at the Whitespring Resort and the Whitespring golf club.
- Three behind the Whitespring service entrance.
- Bolton Greens, just outside the entrance.
- One can be found on the road just east of the National Isolated Radio Array.
- A red unmarked shuttle bus can be found on Route 63 south of the Whitespring Resort.
- One can be found outside of Vault 76.
- One can be seen in a traffic jam near the Investigator's cabin.
- One at Morgantown.
- One at Uncanny Caverns.
- One at Gilman lumber mill.
- One at the Crater.
- In the event of severe engine damage the entire front end will be destroyed, causing almost no damage to the rear.
- The shuttle bus doesn't have an emergency exit even though the engine, which can explode, is directly next to the door.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The shuttle closely resembles a KAvZ-685/3270 model bus built by KAvZ in the Soviet Union from 1971 to 1991. It is one of two vehicles in the franchise based on Soviet designs, the other being the fire truck.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|