The barkeep of the Third Rail, Whitechapel Charlie can be distinguished by the fact that he sports a few elements from the pre-War United Kingdom. He is programmed to have an alternative Cockney accent, wears a bowler and has the flag of the country, the Union Jack, stamped on his chassis. Charlie is employed by John Hancock, who owns the Third Rail, and hired a singer, Magnolia, to perform at the bar.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.|| 233|
Sells: drinks, food, junk, shipments of glass (25)
- The Cleaner - When asked for a job, Whitechapel Charlie will ask the Sole Survivor to "clean" the warehouses from the Triggermen occupying them.
- Emogene Takes a Lover - Whitechapel Charlie and Magnolia can help the player character find Emogene Cabot.
- The Silver Shroud - Whitechapel Charlie knows where Kendra, one of the thugs working for Sinjin, is hiding.
|Bowler hat (unobtainable)||Beer x4
Gwinnett pale x2
Gwinnett pilsner x2
Iguana on a stick
Shipment of glass - 25
Squirrel on a stick
- Whitechapel Charlie has unique interactions with companions if the player character brings them along to the Third Rail.
Whitechapel Charlie appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
- Charlie's name is a reference to Whitechapel, a location in the East End of London. This is corroborated by Whitechapel being within the area that the Cockney accent originates, explaining Charlie's use of it. The region is most famous for housing the infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper.
- When he is persuaded in The Cleaner to give 400 caps as the reward (Hard speech check), his quote "A Right Kick In The Alberts" is a reference to Royal Albert Hall located in London, England and is an example of what's known as Cockney Rhyming Slang. In this case, "Alberts" is short for "Albert Hall" which is slang for "balls".
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.