In 2077, the President left the White House and secretly began living on Control Station ENCLAVE, a Poseidon Energy oil rig off the coast of San Francisco. The White House Press Corps was unofficially and unceremoniously disbanded around the same time. By October 2077, the West Wing of the building had been empty for over half a year, with nobody having lived or worked politically there for several months. Only a small crew of manual laborers remained on staff to maintain the property.
During the Great War, the White House suffered a direct hit, and all that is left in its place is remnants of the marble pillars and a giant, highly radioactive crater. The only entities left here are some ferocious glowing ones.
The way to the White House is to exit the Penn. Ave Northwest station in Pennsylvania Avenue, go up the stairs, and proceed straight until you reach the building to the north (White House Plaza). A manhole cover on the sidewalk at the southwest corner of the building leading to utility will be visible. This manhole connects to the White House bunker.
- Three mini nukes - at the top of the stairs, located left of the entrance.
- Fat Man - next to the three mini nukes.
- A copy of Pugilism Illustrated - in the utility tunnel on a table near a workbench in the southeast corner of the local map.
- This area is quite radioactive (6-7 rads/second), so taking Rad-X before going through the door out of the utility tunnel is advised. This is the door to "Pennsylvania Avenue."
- If the player character has a follower, they may get to the Fat Man first and take it, creating a potentially lethal risk as followers don't take the splash radius of the attack into account, making for dangerous fighting.
- It is possible for the 2 skeletons placed with the 3 mini nukes and 2 RadAways to glitch and knock the items either under or out of the map so they become unattainable.
- White House spokesman Warren Eccleston made a public statement to the country in regards to the food riots on January 11th, 2077.
- The White House on Wikipedia.