|For the perk magazine issue "Whistling in the Dark", see U.S. Covert Operations Manual.|
The Whistle in the Dark is not one, but two unique versions of the assault rifle. They both come equipped with the Nocturnal, VATS Enhanced and Perception Legendary effects, as well as several non-standard modifications.
- Nocturnal: Damage increases with the night
- VATS Enhanced: +50% VATS hit chance
- Perception: +1 Perception
- Steadfast receiver
- Aligned long barrel
- Aligned stock
- Piercing magazine
- Short night vision scope
- Survival Mode variant (legacy):
The Whistle in the dark was added as a standalone weapon as part of the Nuclear Winter update. It was only obtainable via a Survival Mode weekly challenge which only ran during two separate weeks during 2019. This weapon cannot be painted or Legendary crafted.
- Daily Ops variant:
The Whistle in the Dark was added again as a standalone weapon as part of the One Wasteland For All update. This copy may only be crafted upon learning the Plan: Whistle in the Dark, which may be obtained from other players or as a rare Daily Ops reward. It is statistically identical to the original weapon, however it comes equipped with the orange-and-yellow striped Settler paint. Additionally, it cannot be dropped, sold or traded.
Whistle in the Dark Lv30 (1)
Whistle in the Dark Lv40 (1)
Whistle in the Dark Lv50 (1)
- The Daily Ops variant may be crafted at a weapons workbench after learning Plan: Whistle in the Dark.
|The following is based on Fallout 76 legacy content.|
- The original Whistle in the Dark was a reward for completing the "Covert Action" weekly challenge in Survival mode. The challenges were available from June 25 to July 1, 2019 and again from August 20–27, 2019.
The Whistle in the Dark appears in Fallout 76, introduced in the Nuclear Winter update. Although it was originally an exclusive reward from completing a limited-time Survival mode challenge, it was reintroduced with a new paint scheme in One Wasteland For All as a Daily Ops reward.