| ||For the whiskey that appears in the Fallout series, see Whiskey.|
Whiskey Rose is a perk provided while Cass is serving as a companion in the player character's party. With this perk, the penalty to Intelligence for consuming any type of alcohol is eliminated, as are the effects of alcohol addiction. However, the perk provides an additional bonus when consuming whiskey, providing a temporary 2-6 point increase (based on Survival skill level) to the player character's Damage Threshold.
Survival skill effectEdit
|10||+1 Strength for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+30 Dehydration|
|20||+1 Strength for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+35 Dehydration|
|30||+1 Strength for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+40 Dehydration|
|40||+1 Strength for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+45 Dehydration|
|50||+2 Strength for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+50 Dehydration|
|60||+2 Strength for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+55 Dehydration|
|70||+2 Strength for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+60 Dehydration|
|80||+2 Strength for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+65 Dehydration|
|90||+2 Strength for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+70 Dehydration|
|100||+3 Strength for 4m, +3 Charisma for 4m, -3 Intelligence for 4m||+75 Dehydration|
- Dixon's whiskey is a variant sold by Freeside merchant Dixon. It provides no Charisma boost and a penalty of 2 to Intelligence and also has a 50% addiction rate.
- Irradiated whiskey is, as the name indicates, radioactive. It provides the same effects as whiskey with an added 10 rads. It can be found reliably in one place, the Searchlight fire station, where three bottles are located in the kitchen. A fourth bottle may rarely be found in the refrigerator inside Hell's Motel. It can also be found in a small, ruined building east of the mole rat ranch along with some useful loot.
Both variants do not provide any increase to Damage Threshold when the player character has the Whiskey Rose perk, though their penalties to Intelligence are still negated.
- Francine Garret will stock very large quantities (sometimes over 30).
- Four behind the bar at the Ultra-Luxe.
- 19 in the Lucky 38 - Eight in the cabinet behind the bar in the VIP lounge (just underneath the Golden Gloves, seven in the cabinet behind the bar on the east side of the casino, and another four in the Lucky 38 cocktail lounge.
- Four behind and sold by Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Cass receives a temporary Damage Threshold bonus when she consumes whiskey. Because Cass' Survival skill does not increase as she levels, this bonus remains fixed at +2 DT.
- If one looks closely at the label on the bottle, one can see a picture of Galileo Galilei in the lower righthand corner.
- Any bottle with whiskey in it will glow in the dark, like Nuka-Cola Quartz or Victory.